UEFA Women's Euro 2022: England are European Champions

Disco

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Fucking mint, that. Fantastic game more than anything but scenes you absolutely love to see in every shot. Well deserved win today and overall and the quality is there to see. They even managed to kick the big ball all the way down a full size Wembley pitch. Big fan of Jill Scott like she's proper canny, so happy for her. 

Watching Alex Scott try and make it through the end was almost enough to make you cry. Amazing words from her as well. Good on her.

I actually think Alex Scott talks a lot of sense a lot of the time. Or certainly from what I've seen. Her and Ian Wright were excellent today. Loved seeing her holding the emotion back though, kinda wanted her to just release so people see what it means. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Fucking mint, that. Fantastic game more than anything but scenes you absolutely love to see in every shot. Well deserved win today and overall and the quality is there to see. They even managed to kick the big ball all the way down a full size Wembley pitch. Big fan of Jill Scott like she's proper canny, so happy for her. 

Watching Alex Scott try and make it through the end was almost enough to make you cry. Amazing words from her as well. Good on her.

The whole studio and coverage has been excellent throughout and I fucking love Ian Wright, Gabby Logan and Alex Scott, I deliberately included Wright first given he’s a man, and women come second. I know that for a fact after 12 or so years with wor lass…

Edited by HTT II

Can you take it outside gentlemen, some of us are trying to celebrate a fantastic evening. 

Watched it with my two daughters (8 and 6), who loved it 🦁 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 definitely inspiring!

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ll say it again, they would beat many a league one or two side, some of the passing and movement was first-class and they mostly all displayed a great deal of technical ability and a decent first touch.

I really doubt that, but why even try to compare?

Just now, HTT II said:

The whole studio and coverage has been excellent throughout and I fucking love Ian Wright, Gabby Logan and Alex Scott, I deliberately included right first given he’s a man, and women come second. I know that for a fact after 12 or so years with wor lass…

:lol:

Does that mean it only tool you 3 seconds to write Wright too? 

😜

Guest HTT II
Just now, Shearergol said:

I really doubt that, but why even try to compare?

I think England would give any men’s team a run for their money at that level and I’m not comparing, I’m just trying to express how decent they are. They’d have smashed us under Bruce for example easily!

Guest HTT II
Just now, Heron said:

Does that mean it only tool you 3 seconds to write Wright too? 

😜

Took me 1 second, quicker than I normally la…

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ll say it again, they would beat many a league one or two side, some of the passing and movement was first-class and they mostly all displayed a great deal of technical ability and a decent first touch.

They wouldn't beat any mens teams way down into lower non league teams, it's pointless and unfair to compare.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

They wouldn't beat any mens teams way down into lower non league teams, it's pointless and unfair to compare.

Well I beg to differ, again I know of a women’s senior teams giving their under 18 male equivalents a run for their money and even recording the odd win, obviously it doesn’t get reported on so as not to embarrass the men’s game. You’re right though, we shouldn’t compare!

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

I think England would give any men’s team a run for their money at that level and I’m not comparing, I’m just trying to express how decent they are. They’d have smashed us under Bruce for example easily!

I’ve really enjoyed the tournament and feel quite emotional about this win tonight. However, there’s no chance this team beat a league one team, but again, why even debate it? Incredible achievement for the lionesses and hopefully it encourages lots of girls in the country to take the sport up, but it’s a bit weird STILL comparing them to men’s teams.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Well I beg to differ, again I know of a omen’s senior teams giving their under 18 male equivalents a run for their money and even recording the off win,

The difference is massive mate. Here's the Brazils women's team with women's players if the year involved getting beat off an under 16s club side. Just no point in comparing everyone knows men are going to be stronger/faster etc. What matters was the game was good to watch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/news-gremio-mens-under-16s-beat-brazil-womens-national-team-6-0-20210113.amp.html

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I’ve really enjoyed the tournament and feel quite emotional about this win tonight. However, there’s no chance this team beat a league one team, but again, why even debate it? Incredible achievement for the lionesses and hopefully it encourages lots of girls in the country to take the sport up, but it’s a bit weird STILL comparing them to men’s teams.

I’m not trying to compare them, I’m just saying the standard isn’t all that different really at the levels we are talking about. I’m one of the biggest supporters of girls’ and woman’s football. My nieces played football and we sponsored their team and by all accounts our sponsorship of Gateshead’s ladies team kept them going during lockdown. 

14 minutes ago, HTT II said: