Matthew Bondswell

relámpago blanco

Nope, was scratching my head for a minute but then remembered a post about some young kids being brought out for the trip.

I suspect Dummett breaking down and the managers complete lack of trust in Lewis means he wanted to have a proper look at this kid.

He did well considering, looks pacy and confident on the ball. Few misplaced passes later on but we were under pressure at that point. Providing Targett can stay fit, this lad should be an able understudy. We do also have Dan Burn who can play that position so we should be ok there.

Looked decent.

Could go both ways mind. If he can have a run of 16 Premier League games he might be looking at an England call up. A few mistakes and he should be sent to Gateshead.

15 hours ago, Howeay said:

The Bernard comparison makes sense though, he did play like him, both calm on the ball with tidy passing, how good he is at defending is a different matter.

The real test will be if forwards bounce off him like ping pong balls.

On 27/07/2022 at 00:27, Dr Jinx said:

Nope, was scratching my head for a minute but then remembered a post about some young kids being brought out for the trip.

I suspect Dummett breaking down and the managers complete lack of trust in Lewis means he wanted to have a proper look at this kid.

He did well considering, looks pacy and confident on the ball. Few misplaced passes later on but we were under pressure at that point. Providing Targett can stay fit, this lad should be an able understudy. We do also have Dan Burn who can play that position so we should be ok there.

Lewis apparently looked great when he returned this summer and the staff were excited about him, but he got injured, and is just now working his way back to fitness. 

The manager does not have a complete lack of trust in him at all.

Edited by KaKa

Looked a bit overwhelmed today. Bilbao started hammering the right when he came on.

Spotted a counter and ran full pelt down the left to overlap Ritchie which was nice, just a pity he didn't get fed the ball until the momentum was gone, but that wasn't his fault.

7 minutes ago, 80 said:

Looked a bit overwhelmed today. Bilbao started hammering the right when he came on.

Spotted a counter and ran full pelt down the left to overlap Ritchie which was nice, just a pity he didn't get fed the ball until the momentum was gone, but that wasn't his fault.

Tbf, pretty sure they were hammering the right before he came on. 

6 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Agree there was another moment though when Bilbao were on the counter in the right hand side I think and he covered it well, so overall I would say some shaky moments and some good ones.

Yeah it wasn't a disaster, just a sense of him needing to paddle very fast to keep up. Seemed like the seniors were aware and covering him. Sure he could learn a lot from today, that's what friendlies are for ultimately. Better that it wasn't a league game!

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Get him out of loan to somewhere he’ll play every game Take from there.

Think that might depend on how serious Lewis injury is. We've got Targett and Dummett as LB options but with Dummetts injury record having Bondswell as 3rd choice (assuming Lewis is out for a little while) wouldn't be the worst thing.