James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

He's quality but where do we plan to play him? Out wide? Don't think he has the pace to play there and a winger is what we need. In midfield? Withdrawing Bruno slightly also doesn't make too much sense. Odd one.

For me you'd go for Pacqueta over Maddison every time. One starts for his country, the other doesn't. One is highly professional, the other is a bit of a lad. One has friends already at the club and would settle quickly, the other doesn't. Pacqueta is more versatile, more willing to come and would probably be cheaper and easier to negotiate too. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's quality but where do we plan to play him? Out wide? Don't think he has the pace to play there and a winger is what we need. In midfield? Withdrawing Bruno slightly also doesn't make too much sense. Odd one.

Maybe we are going to try and emulate LFC, 3 in the middle and 3 wide forwards?

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

A more fluid midfield three I’d imagine. 

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

For me you'd go for Pacqueta over Maddison every time. One starts for his country, the other doesn't. One is highly professional, the other is a bit of a lad. One has friends already at the club and would settle quickly, the other doesn't. Pacqueta is more versatile, more willing to come and would probably be cheaper and easier to negotiate too. 

And if he has no interest in coming ?

People still mentioning Paqueta. We clearly aren’t going to go for him for whatever reason. Maybe we don’t want him or maybe he doesn’t want to come and has eyes on Man City we don’t know but seeing him brought up every day is mind numbing. Let it go 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

And if he has no interest in coming ?

Then wait until he is.

After yesterday tbh I'm actually ok with Almiron in that position more than I am with him at RW.

Spend the money on a RW and ST instead. 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

People still mentioning Paqueta. We clearly aren’t going to go for him for whatever reason. Maybe we don’t want him or maybe he doesn’t want to come and has eyes on Man City we don’t know but seeing him brought up every day is mind numbing. Let it go 

:lol: The links have pretty much only been developed on here. Nothing else to suggest we have had anything other than a glancing look at him.

Id want Paqueta more then the next person, but Maddison put in slightly better numbers then him last season while playing in the Prem, they'd also probably be at similar price points. Maddison is probably the more prudent buy.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Id want Paqueta more then the next person, but Maddison put in slightly better numbers then him last season while playing in the Prem, they'd also probably be at similar price points. Maddison is probably the more prudent buy.

Leicester also had a terrible season last year. Maddison has been consistently good for them, even when as a squad they’ve been crap.

He’s had a few injuries though hasn’t he? Is that to be concerned about? May be misremembering.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, 54 said:

Numbers are good 54, but for me, I’d rather have say a Bellamy scoring 10 + goals and what he brought to that team of Sir Bobby’s than someone who scored 5 or more but didn’t give us what he did in other areas. I get your point of course, but look at Zidane’s numbers, still one of the best ever. Give me a top footballer who can assist the team in ways more than just goals and assists.