James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Maybe Paqueta isn’t interested?  Maybe Howe isn’t interested in Paqueta?  Maybe Paqueta’s asking price is not what the media has reported?  Just a few reasons there. 

Surely you know by now, every thread is the Official Lucas Paqueta thread. Even the James Maddison thread.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Surely you know by now, every thread is the Official Lucas Paqueta thread. Even the James Maddison thread.

He plays Streets of Rage II with Bruno all the time on the Atari or something, so I think it all stems from that

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not a dig at you but I love posts like this that offer up random alternatives like our scouting team and Ashworth haven’t poured over mountains of footage, stats and reports on our targets 

Random targets :lol:

I'm sure we'll always go for the Prem experienced options first and foremost, due to the quicker adjustment.

Just saying if they don't budge on their valuation these two should be alternative considerations, and I'm pretty certain they will be, amongst others.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm sure we'll always go for the Prem experienced options first and foremost, due to the quicker adjustment.

Just saying if they don't budge on their valuation these two should be alternative considerations, and I'm pretty certain they will be, amongst others.

You're “pretty certain” that the club will be looking at two players that literally nobody has ever linked us to? How odd.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

We talk about getting the right characters then rock up for this smary arse. He's Grealish lite. 

Every time he thinks he's hit the next level, his form falls off a cliff. If he signs for us, does well he'll be looking at a bigger club whilst playing like he's in pre-season. Any time Arsenal have been mentioned to be in for him his head goes walkabouts, its the same when he gets an England call up, starts playing like billy-big-bollocks and inevitably doesn't get selected.  

£50-60m. No thanks.

When the club talks about right characters, it's more to do with off the field issues and then their professionalism and commitment to working on their game I imagine. Don't think Maddison has those kind of concerns.

Now having said that, I fully understand why some folks aren't thrilled about him joining, because he's a bit of a prat and not the most likeable guy, which is very different from all the guys we have at the minute.

Just now, Bompeter said:

You're “pretty certain” that the club will be looking at two players that literally nobody has ever linked us to? How odd.

Yes, based on adding goals and assists through the middle of the park. And they are both top players available at great value this summer.

It would be pretty weird if they only had Maddison on the list, and if you think only players that have been linked have ever been under consideration , then I don't know what to tell you really.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Leicester are direct competition with us this season, you’d think - we’re in that group of teams who’ll likely finish somewhere between 7th-12th.  The fact we’re bidding on one of their best players is fucking great in my books.  

Not just any player of theirs either. They regard him as their best. He was their player of the season

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Random as in we haven’t and probably won’t be linked to them 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Random as in we haven’t and probably won’t be linked to them 

Ah, I see. But I'm basing it on other similar types of players that are top tier, and realistic for us to get.

There'll be loads of players discussed that haven't leaked yet. The Maddison news only just broke for the first time today due to a bid after all. 

59 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

For me you'd go for Pacqueta over Maddison every time. One starts for his country, the other doesn't. One is highly professional, the other is a bit of a lad. One has friends already at the club and would settle quickly, the other doesn't. Pacqueta is more versatile, more willing to come and would probably be cheaper and easier to negotiate too. 

Maddison also has big upsides over Paqueta - PL proven with very good numbers, homegrown and already settled in England.