James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Do either the Man City or Spurs documentaries show much in the way of transfer negotiations? I'd love to know how they actually go down. I can't imagine Methven's mad cunt Will Grigg negotiations in that Sunderland doc is the usual [emoji38]

Just now, TheHoob said:

Do either the Man City or Spurs documentaries show much in the way of transfer negotiations? I'd love to know how they actually go down. I can't imagine Methven's mad cunt Will Grigg negotiations in that Sunderland doc is the usual [emoji38]

Is that scene available on YouTube? It's so bloody funny knowing what happened :lol:

10 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Tbf salmon-pants Methven is, along with Tony ‘TC’ Coton and Scottish ‘can’t remember his name’ manager, a voice of reason in that part whilst Stewart Donald becomes obsessed with signing Grigg for five times his market value. 

Possible Spurs or Liverpool could be interested but not convinced. More likely Leicester posturing.

Whether 50m is acceptable or not it will be an undisclosed fee if we find an agreement. Fully expect the 2nd bid to be publically rejected by tmrw morning in the press. 3rd and final agreement a few days later with close to an agreement for a day or so somewhere in there. Then the rigamoral with medical/contract and agonizing wait until it's announced. 

Unveiled at the Forest game possibly or the week after. Can't see him in before though. Fingers crossed either way!

4 hours ago, wormy said:

I know I'm somewhat simplifying things but I still don't understand how negotiations over the price of a player can take days in this day and age. 

I just don't get how it doesn't end up a real time discussion with pauses to get sign off from any appropriate higher ups? You're either willing to listen to offers as the sellers, and willing to go up to a certain price as the buyers, or not?

Also 

Edited by mighty__mag

55 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

He’d be a regular at Tottenham and Man Utd.I cannot see him choosing us over either of them,especially if he has eyes on a  place in the England squad for the World Cup.

Both teams don’t need him, at least not a priority at this moment 

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

He’d be a regular at Tottenham and Man Utd.I cannot see him choosing us over either of them,especially if he has eyes on a  place in the England squad for the World Cup.

Not sure he’d be a regular for us under Conte. He’d be cover for the front three alongside Richarlison, because Conte doesn’t seem to want a player like him as one of the two CMs.

General feeling at Spurs seems to be that the fans would love him to come but Conte isn’t interested, so that’s that. Allegedly Paratici suggested him a while back and Conte said no. He seems to want Zaniolo first, then maybe Paqueta.

Don’t think we’re in for him unless our other guys fall through and Levy puts the thumbscrews on. Pity. We need homegrown players too.

11 hours ago, Bompeter said:

Reading the Leicester forum they don’t seem to be fuming. Their view seems to be “we don’t need or want to sell him, therefore nothing less than an absurd will be accepted”. Are they wrong?

I had a look too and my impression is that they are still stuck in "who are Noocarsel?" type denial. This will switch to fume if/when they realise its going to happen and happen with a fee that is way below Maguire, Grealish etc.

Leicester aren't a club who've done a whole lot wrong, European semis last season, so this is an unfortunate turn of events for them. In terms of picking off a top-class player with the added bonus of weakening a rival, I would rather it have been another club up there, like West Ham or Arsenal. Having a team like Leicester challenging for Europe and beating Man City and Liverpool on their day is good for the league.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Not sure he’d be a regular for us under Conte. He’d be cover for the front three alongside Richarlison, because Conte doesn’t seem to want a player like him as one of the two CMs.

General feeling at Spurs seems to be that the fans would love him to come but Conte isn’t interested, so that’s that. Allegedly Paratici suggested him a while back and Conte said no. He seems to want Zaniolo first, then maybe Paqueta.

Don’t think we’re in for him unless our other guys fall through and Levy puts the thumbscrews on. Pity. We need homegrown players too.

As a backup for the front 3, Zaniolo is a better option. Maddison is not a good fit for Conte’s 343.