James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

22 minutes ago, Pata said:

Dewsbury-Hall was class last season, no idea what you've been watching. :lol:

I've heard people saying that, and granted I only saw about 5 matches they played last season but every game I saw he looked like a do nothing central midfielder in the Jack Colback/Jeff Hendrick/Tom Davies mould.

if we aren’t willing to stretch it a little for Maddison then when are we? He immediately transforms our attacking play. It doesn’t really play in to most peoples opinion that if we have a chance of a player of quality we’ll go for it and more like what has been said time and again that there is a strict budget 

I know this is just Craig Hopes view but we seem to priced out of every move 

Edited by gdm

31 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

To take one of another club's best players you either pay close to what they want or you'll end up with fuck all. Especially for one of a PL club's best players.

This

If they sell Fofana now its prolly to late either way. 

Edited by snakzz

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

if we aren’t willing to stretch it a little for Maddison then when are we? He immediately transforms our attacking play. It doesn’t really play in to most peoples opinion that if we have a chance of a player of quality we’ll go for it and more like what has been said time and again that there is a strict budget 

I know this is just Craig Hopes view but we seem to priced out of every move 

If 50m is deemed unrealistic by the club (Newcastle) then this whole thing has been a waste of time.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

If 50m is deemed unrealistic by the club (Newcastle) then this whole thing has been a waste of time.

I wouldn't say a waste of time. If you think a deal can be done at £50m, but don't want to go quite so high its always worth entering into negotiations to see if there is a middle ground to be found. Especially with Leicester. Lots of potentially interesting quirks to a deal. Their need for a GK, which we have spare. The supposed £8m left of the Perez payments.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

The supposed £8m left of the Perez payments.

Absolutely no one any note has said this. It’s likely it’s made up twitter bullshit. 

Is it unthinkable that we are having a 'prudent' window in order to demonstrate clearly that we aren't to be seen as a cash cow to any selling club? Would that not fit the mould of building slowly that has been mentioned more than once? And should we not accept that, safe in the knowledge that our hierarchy do clearly have the club's long term interests at heart? 

Edited by danswan

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Absolutely no one any note has said this. It’s likely it’s made up twitter bullshit. 

Yeah I've only seen those nonces Sean Casey/Looney Toon report that. Almost certainly untrue.