James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Most pundits see Leicester dropping down the league this year. Their 2022 form is midtable and no better.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2022

Leceister may have opened negotiations but that doesn't mean he's going to sign. I wouldn't assume this is over just yet. They may have to fight off interest from another big club.

If we offered Leicester what they wanted for Maddison we wouldn't be able to buy anybody else.

Maybe they just dont want to go all in one one player as opposed to strengthening two positions. Its a balancing act.

Though personally that's the road I'd go down because that gets us to another level and we can worry about forwards we actually want down the line, a line signing a Maddison enhances, not make-shift ones. Get a striker on loan on top of that and it would have been great business.

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Hopefully Maddison doesn't sign the new contract and we get him in Jan or next Summer.

It's nice to feel that we are above Leicester now, after being below them in the standings for quite some time.

The only way I could see us signing him this window is if he publicly states he won't be signing a new contract leaving Leicester in a predicament.

5 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I thought it was going to be the start of big things when this offer went in, but it's just got worse and worse since then.

(Transfer window wise)

Nothing has got worse. Nothing has really changed 

7 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I thought it was going to be the start of big things when this offer went in, but it's just got worse and worse since then.

(Transfer window wise)

It's Friday night pal

Cheer up

23 hours ago, gbandit said:

Makes a lot of sense for Leicester, less so for Maddison given that they appear to have low ambitions

He's at the right club it seems, he seems to have no ambition either.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Wonder if he saw that performance today and thinking "I want to be part of that."

Was thinking this after the match myself, I wonder if we've turned a few heads of players we've been interested in.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Wonder if he saw that performance today and thought "I want to be part of that."

Don't think he's shown he wants it enough tbh. He's nee Jao Pedro.

10 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We already have Trippier for corners and free kicks. We can find better players for a lower price to provide what he can outside of set pieces.

Fair point on the set pieces to be honest. I still think he’s a great player in and around the box but if they’re valuing him at £60m we can just forget it. Don’t even know if we’d even make it to £50m with a final bid 

58 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Wonder if he saw that performance today and thought "I want to be part of that."

Combined with the complete opposite experience of being at a place that's peaked and is going backwards. Must have at least gone through his mind as he's bound to have watched it.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

The issue wasn’t he didn’t want to come though, it’s that we are nowhere near their valuation.

More that he has a new contract on the table and the option of handing in a transfer request and forcing their hand if he so wants.

Just now, Skeletor said:

More that he has a new contract on the table and the option of handing in a transfer request and forcing their hand if he so wants.

True, but can’t see that bringing the asking price down enough for us to go back.