James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

Shit, aye. I was thinking Cucurella WAS a centre-back...but he's a left-back. I need to brush up on knowing more than jack-shit about other team's players :lol: Carry on...

He can play LCB, and probably will a fair bit.

Seems the consensus from Hope/Caulkin/Douglas/Downie on that True Faith talk-in with Hodor was that this is dead in the water, at least if Twitter is to be believed.

Agents briefed that we could get him for £42M, then they held firm on £60M. Used to flush out interest from the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham.

I suppose we'll see. The last article Douglas wrote a few hours back said we were considering a third bid :lol:

1 hour ago, STM said:

Tell you what mind lads. Say what you want about us as fans but our ability to waffle on for over 100 pages for a player we aren't even close to signing and covering a range of topics whilst simultaneously falling out with each other on a regular basis is a sight to behold. [emoji38]

That's the real quiz.

Will be interesting to see if he's included in the Leicester squad/team at the weekend. That would add another 100 pages to this thread if he was left out. I don't think he will be but I'm looking forward to finding out nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Will be interesting to see if he's included in the Leicester squad/team at the weekend. That would add another 100 pages to this thread if he was left out. I don't think he will be but I'm looking forward to finding out nonetheless. 

He's 100% starting at the weekend, there's no reason why he wouldn't (unless we stick another bid in that is significantly better than the two we've already got). 

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

He's 100% starting at the weekend, there's no reason why he wouldn't (unless we stick another bid in that is significantly better than the two we've already got). 

So you're saying he's 100% starting unless he's not? ;D

That was my point really, if he doesn't start or isn't included I'd say that's a pretty big indication that something will happen soon. Equally if he does start it means very little as he could still be signed for Newcastle in 3 weeks time.

3 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

He's not getting anywhere near the shit you're making out he is. 

In fact, he's quoting people's opinions and thoughts (like what a forum is for) with attitude: "Sigh" and "How many times do I have to say this". But most replies are just discussion, good old fashion discussion. 

Foxedup seems a really reasonable guy man. He has not had an attitude.

People are just getting stroppy with him because he's not telling them what they want to hear.

As usual folks have gotten worked up over the Maddison link and are getting emotional and annoyed at the thought it won't happen.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Aye, but the Sevilla lad was right about not selling in January while they were still going for the title.

What are Leicester going for? Sevilla didn't win the title either btw. It all comes down to pride at the end of the day, which is fine, but let's call it what it is. Our real problem as a club is that there is a wild card in Chelsea who have a £1.5bn Russian windfall to play with and they throwing money around like it's gone out of fashion.

32 minutes ago, TRon said:

What are Leicester going for? Sevilla didn't win the title either btw. It all comes down to pride at the end of the day, which is fine, but let's call it what it is. Our real problem as a club is that there is a wild card in Chelsea who have a £1.5bn Russian windfall to play with and they throwing money around like it's gone out of fashion.

Theyve got to launder it before someone decides to try to take it away again. 

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Where these getting the cash from ffs . 

13 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Champions League money and lucrative long term sponsors, but the transfer ban a couple of years ago means they pretty much have an open cheque book for the new owners.

The only good thing about this is if Chelsea sign him, the inactivity at Leicester, the supposed grumbling from Rodgers, the loss of Kasper all points to Leicester having a poor season, if that happens and maddison doesn't sign an extension then you can see him pushing for a move in January, we just need to be in an attractive position in the league to tempt him, and his value might drop.

Listening to Jay Bothroyd on SSN. I want him more than anyone now!

Saying he'd bring goals, assists and could be our talisman. Got the confidence/swagger to play for us. 

He also reckons we'll finish top 8, potentially 6-7th if it all clicks together.