James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

49 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This deal is a dead duck if Fofana moves, which makes it even more vital if we hold a genuine interest that we move quickly and get the deal done.

Chelsea will pay what is required for Fofana, we need to sort this move out before they do.

Hmm I remember the takeover being as dead as fuck by some on here.

Just now, FloydianMag said:

Hmm I remember the takeover being as dead as fuck by some on here.

It was, until the Saudi’s acted on the piracy… the known stumbling block throughout the whole saga.

But without getting into that there is absolutely no way Leicester sell Fofana and Maddison.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

It was, until the Saudi’s acted on the piracy… the known stumbling block throughout the whole saga.

But without getting into that there is absolutely no way Leicester sell Fofana and Maddison.

So there’s no such thing as ‘dead as fuck’ unless you’re actually dead…….as fuck.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

So there’s no such thing as ‘dead as fuck’ unless you’re actually dead…….as fuck.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I said “dead duck”, I think you’ve made that bit up yourself.

If you need some help, the definition of dead duck is “a person or thing that is defunct or has no chance of success.”

The Maddison deal would have no chance of success if Fofana is sold.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I said “dead duck”, I think you’ve made that bit up yourself.

If you need some help, the definition of dead duck is “a person or thing that is defunct or has no chance of success.”

The Maddison deal would have no chance of success if Fofana is sold.

Well you say that the Maddison has no chance but you dont know really, it’s just your opinion, which has been wrong in the past as we do know.

Well you say that the Maddison has no chance but you dont know really, it’s just your opinion, which has been wrong in the past as we do know.

Sorry that I don’t have a 100% success rate with my opinions as a football supporter. Look forward to you listing someone who does.

My opinion on Maddison, supported/guided by nearly every journalist reporting on the story as well as most Leicester fans, seems a sound opinion. Not many teams will sell their best two players unnecessarily with little time to replace them.

Guest reefatoon

Come on Fantail man, it’s been a great weekend of football, everyone is buzzing, you don’t need to come in and constantly squabble with people all the time. [emoji38]

As soon as you appear the mood just changes in each thread. Take a rest and just be jolly for a bit, it’ll do you wonders.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Come on Fantail man, it’s been a great weekend of football, everyone is buzzing, you don’t need to come in and constantly squabble with people all the time. [emoji38]

As soon as you appear the mood just changes in each thread. Take a rest and just be jolly for a bit, it’ll do you wonders.

I mean it’s only fair to correct people when they respond to your posts talking absolute crap.

Haven’t even been negative, maybe you need to look in some other threads.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I mean it’s only fair to correct people when they respond to your posts talking absolute crap.

Haven’t even been negative, maybe you need to look in some other threads.

You just can’t resist, i had you on ignore throughout the takeover saga, maybe that’s the best place for you.

You just can’t resist, i had you on ignore throughout the takeover saga, maybe that’s the best place for you.

He made a perfect reasonable comment and you came in swinging your dick. Best for all of us if you ignore him.

8 hours ago, Kanji said:

Which is so factually incorrect. There have been other owners since City who have gone absolutely bananas in the transfer market — Everton! 

Well aware of that, but the "big two" sugar-daddy clubs are Chelsea and Man City.

Everton and some others are far more "low-profile", and are not in the same bracket as those two (and now us) for sheer wealth.

Edited by manorpark

Just now, Happinesstan said:

wasn't Jack Walker the OG SD? Admittedly his £300 million wouldn't buy a defence, these days.

Yes that is often said, but though it was the same "idea", it was relatively very small fry.

I just saw him at Central Station where he bought a day saver for the Metro. He told me was going to have a few rides around to make his mind up. I wished him well and told him that he might need a bus replacement service between South Gosforth and Gatehead, but not to let that affect his decision. 

Guest HTT II
50 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

wasn't Jack Walker the OG SD? Admittedly his £300 million wouldn't buy a defence, these days.

Not quite, it’s a bit of a myth that he - and for us SJH - bankrolled our respective clubs. He put a lot of his own money into buying the club (Walker) and infrastructure, but once Blackburn were promoted, the money rolled in which helped finance them and indeed ourselves. People at the time thought SJH himself actually paid for Shearer and it’s another myth we spent our way to the top, I think Derby and West Ham for example spent more than us in the old second division when we got promoted and we were being outspent by the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool et al once we were in the PL.

Would be massively surprised if Maddison comes now Chelsea Todd is about to fill Leicester’s FFP hole with his giant Fofana-shaped wedge of cash. Think Leicester may be in for a heavy transition season.

Just now, HTT II said:

Not quite, it’s a bit of a myth that he - and for us SJH - bankrolled our respective clubs. He put a lot of his own money into buying the club (Walker) and infrastructure, but once Blackburn were promoted, the money rolled in which helped finance them and indeed ourselves. People at the time thought SJH himself actually paid for Shearer and it’s another myth we spent our way to the top, I think Derby and West Ham for example spent more than us in the old second division when we got promoted and we were being outspent by the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool et al once we were in the PL.

I don't think it's quite a myth, just the term has evolved over the years. He signed Dalglish and Shearer before the money was rolling in.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I don't think it's quite a myth, just the term has evolved over the years. He signed Dalglish and Shearer before the money was rolling in.

He used his business to sponsor stands and such which helped to pay Dalglish’s wages and Shearer was signed once promoted, money via TV rights etc.

Edited by HTT II