James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Baldy pouring cold water on us making a January move. I'd post the link, but I'd rather not give him the engagement.

No doubt he’s bleating on about our non existent transfer budget again. The bloke is a balloon. Also, well done for not posting it. More of that when it comes to his shit.

Edited by reefatoon

Haven’t read it but…sources inside the club say a January move for Maddison is unlikely as they focus their attention elsewhere in the window: Player X at Y and player A at B are both on the radar as Howe looks to improve position Z while staying within the budget amount I’m pretending I’ve been made aware of.

Of course were Maddison to become available for a fee Nickson and the club feel is reasonable then they may be tempted back in for the England international.

twat. 

3 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Haven’t read it but…sources inside the club say a January move for Maddison is unlikely as they focus their attention elsewhere in the window: Player X at Y and player A at B are both on the radar as Howe looks to improve position Z while staying within the budget amount I’m pretending I’ve been made aware of.

Of course were Maddison to become available for a fee Nickson and the club feel is reasonable then they may be tempted back in for the England international.

twat. 

That's it isn't it? If he becomes available at a valuation that the club are happy with, they'll do the deal. If he doesn't, we'll wait.

If Maddison doesn't sign a new deal, the clock is ticking for Leicester. They can demand less money for him in every passing window. 

Think we should rename the thread "Madders", contribute to the over-familiarity. If everyone connected with Newcastle keeps tapping him up like this, he'll find himself waking up one day and driving to the Newcastle training ground without even realising he's doing it. 

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

Think we should rename the thread "Madders", contribute to the over-familiarity. If everyone connected with Newcastle keeps tapping him up like this, he'll find himself waking up one day and driving to the Newcastle training ground without even realising he's doing it. 

Didnt work for Paqueta...

15 hours ago, Slim said:

Lot of Trossard rumour's.  Would hope we will at least be in for him.

For some reason and I have nothing to base this on I see Trossard as possibly a more likely achievable Jan target with Maddison in the summer. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Lads, dont mean to get all defensive or owt, but Ive seen pics of Madders talking to several England players, not all from Newcastle. Having been around him quite briefly, thats the kind of lad he is. After our recent narrow defeat to Man City, Pep was doing his usual cuddle and whisper in the ear routine with him, after the whistle, like he did with Mahrez and Maguire. He will be thankful that he got one out of the two, but what should we read into that?

11 minutes ago, Major Eyeswater said:

Lads, dont mean to get all defensive or owt, but Ive seen pics of Madders talking to several England players, not all from Newcastle. Having been around him quite briefly, thats the kind of lad he is. After our recent narrow defeat to Man City, Pep was doing his usual cuddle and whisper in the ear routine with him, after the whistle, like he did with Mahrez and Maguire. He will be thankful that he got one out of the two, but what should we read into that?

Pretty hard for us not to read into the videos and pictures we're seeing. Particularly as we put in bids for him.

I’d be amazed if Leicester let Maddison go in January. Unless it’s for stupid money. Staying in the Prem is worth a fortune and I think Leicester have righted the ship. Letting a key player like JM go would be a terrible decision. Could undo their hard work.

If he doesn’t sign a new contract I expect they’ll field offers in the Summer.

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I’d be amazed if Leicester let Maddison go in January. Unless it’s for stupid money. Staying in the Prem is worth a fortune and I think Leicester have righted the ship. Letting a key player like JM go would be a terrible decision. Could undo their hard work.

If he doesn’t sign a new contract I expect they’ll field offers in the Summer.

I think a lot comes from the player, if he wants to go he'll be off

4 hours ago, Major Eyeswater said:

Tielemans will leave in January, no way we will let Maddison go. Summer is a different matter. 

What's the craic with yous atm then? Are you about to hit a spell where you've invested as much as you can and will be treading water for a few seasons? Or is Rodgers going to prove everyone wrong and suddenly surge for the European places/cup honours again?

With Leicester now seemingly with enough momentum to avoid any relegation fears, now is exactly the time to sell Maddison and Tielmans and thinking about reinventing themselves.

It's a much worse scenario allowing them to go for nowt and having no money for reinvestment.

They can have Ryan Fraser as part of the deal of they want. :razz: