James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

Why has this morphed into a Hugo Viana thread,  mods get banning .... outrageous and egregious behaviour 

Because once a population of internet males reaches late middle-age, and their virility and swagger has left them like their hairline did, all they have left is asserting they're the only one that remembers events 20+ years ago in perfect detail.

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

Because once a population of internet males reaches late middle-age, and their virility and swagger has left them like their hairline did, all they have left is asserting they're the only one that remembers events 20+ years ago in perfect detail.

I feel massively attacked by this [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

"Bottled" that header? He made a mistake. What a ridiculous post. 

Whats ridiculous about it? He shits himself at the sight of Flamini approaching him and bottles the challenge entirely. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

20 minutes ago, thomas said:

:lol:

22 minutes ago, thomas said:

Phew, thought that was me then remembered I'd misremembered the years CRonaldo and Viana came to England were a year apart :lol:

Edited by HawK

49 minutes ago, thomas said:

My football memory is so bad I won’t even have that :(

5 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Viana wasnt just not suited to the English game, he just wasnt good enough. Shite here, shite in Spain for both Valencia and Osasuna in a league where players like that are ten a penny. Fine playing for Braga in the Portugese league for a few seasons before fucking off to the UAE at 30. He wasnt good enough in 2003, so he absolutely wouldnt be good enough in 2022, when the league has far more competent players than then. 

His lasting contribution to NUFC is the most pathetic, bottling attempt at a header i've ever seen, leaving Drogba 1 on 1 with Aaron Hughes in a UEFA Cup Semi Final. A real sliding doors moment too.  

He made no attempt to win the header 😳. I noticed the ref shook Drogba’s hand before asking him to get into position for the restart.

• 3 weeks later...

Viana did start well but he dislocated his shoulder and had to have it pinned and then again a 2nd time.

He came back a shadow of what he had been and he basically just didn’t show the heart to succeed. Silky player though who easily could have been better here had his mindset been different.

• 1 month later...

I can't remember where I read it, but I saw something a while back that Maddison wouldn't be available until the summer, and that we're likely to try and get him then, and that we'd be his likely destination.  

Besides Gordan and Maddison are completely different players, not really comparable.

2 minutes ago, HawK said:

So much better than Gordon, if we sign Gordon and then Maddison goes somewhere else before the start of next season for similar money I won't lie, I'd be very disappointed. 

I don't see them in the role so there's no need for an either/or situation.