Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Fucking hyped for this. Me and my older brother going. Not seen him since Covid. Then meeting my mates for a drink after game, and getting last train back to Leeds. 

This is brilliant and the kind of thing supporting a team should be about.

Hope you have a great day.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Have a feeling he'll start Dubravka and/or Burn over Pope and Botman for a bit of continuity/fairness/easing players in.

I don't.

If it was part of the way through the season, after the January window, then yes, I'd agree, but this is new beginnings, a new start.

Burn has done little wrong, but Botman looks immense. We wouldn't have pursued him for so long if we didn't think he'd be an immediate upgrade.

I don't see the point in buying Pope to have him sit on the bench and it's not as if keepers get rotated, so I see him starting too 

1 hour ago, midds said:

Strange things can happen when playing a team where about 6 or 7 are making their debuts. I'd much rather play them in November but that's the way it's worked so fuck it.

Should beat them but they'll be far easier to beat after the WC after the momentum has disappeared. Worst time to play them tbh. 

Aye, you never want to play a newly promoted team in the opening 10 games. However, it's a huge advantage that it's not away.

5 hours ago, Howeay said:

Pope

Trips Schar Botman Targett

Willock Bruno Joelinton

Almiron Wilson Maxi

That team picks itself for me. As others have said, Longstaff could get the nod over Willock, but I hope not. Hopefully Almiron maintains his beast mode and Wood gets nowhere near the pitch.

First start of the season I've been excited for for a decade!

Like everyone else, I’m genuinely looking forward to the season for the first time in yonks

Forest home first is an odd one, mind.  Could easily see this being 4-0 or 0-1.  Wouldn’t be shocked by either outcome.

Whatever happens, it’s nice to be able to approach a season without dread, and without the anxiety that an Ashley-owned Newcastle always brought 

Got a shitarse scabby (apt) 0-1 written all over it given how excited we all are for the season to start. 

You’d hope with so many new players they’ll be a bit loose but Cooper is as good a coach as he is vile on the eye. 

Would love a 3-0 (ASM, Miggy, Wood)

When was the last time the levels of optimism were this high going into day 1 of the season? Allardyce in 07? Probably not on the same level, but I feel like that was the last time there was excitement without any caveats.

44 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

When was the last time the levels of optimism were this high going into day 1 of the season? Allardyce in 07? Probably not on the same level, but I feel like that was the last time there was excitement without any caveats.

That first home game against Villa still haunts me. Literally nothing happened. 

Season after 5th there was excitement even though most knew we’d fucked it Id say. Likewise under Rafa just due to his presence more than anything concrete.

Love that we've had a cracking pre season without even having seen our best XI in any of the games.

Would say that most starters are nailed on, with the only exceptions being CB and third CM. Pope might not have 100% claimed the starting spot in goal yet neither, but would be very surprised if he doesn't start against Forest. 

Confident of a win.

However, always cautious of  newly promoted team, especially one that has made 11 or so new signings. They could be a total mess or might surprise everyone. Its not going to be a walk over by any means.

So here we go , I’ve had the most tragic year losing my wife so this is a thankful distraction for me . I’ve not got my season ticket for this one as I promised it to my lads but I’ve managed via a work supplier to get 2 tickets .

Taking a customer, all day on the piss , food , match , last bus home .

can’t wait , really hope to get off to a flyer and bag 3 points to get us off to a great season ahead , win and it will kick start the revolution in my opinion .

0-2 [emoji38]

Nottingham Forest’s preseason results:

Forest 1 - 3 Coventry

Burton Albion 0 - 1  Forest 

Barnsley 0 - 0 Forest 

Forest 3 - 1 Hertha Berlin 

Forest 1 - 1 Valencia 

Worth noting that Hertha Berlin also lost to West Brom (2-1) and Derby Count (1-0).  Line-up for Valencia:

Dean Henderson 

Joe Worrall

Steve Cook

Scott McKenna

Neco Williams

Jack Colback

Lewis O’Brien

Harry Toffolo

Jesse Lingard (Cafu, 77 mins)

Brennan Johnson 

Sam Surridge (Taiwo Awoniyi, 62 mins)

12 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Nottingham Forest’s preseason results:

Forest 1 - 3 Coventry

Burton Albion 0 - 1  Forest 

Barnsley 0 - 0 Forest 

Forest 3 - 1 Hertha Berlin 

Forest 1 - 1 Valencia 

Worth noting that Hertha Berlin also lost to West Brom (2-1) and Derby Count (1-0).  Line-up for Valencia:

Dean Henderson 

Joe Worrall

Steve Cook

Scott McKenna

Neco Williams

Jack Colback

Lewis O’Brien

Harry Toffolo

Jesse Lingard (Cafu, 77 mins)

Brennan Johnson 

Sam Surridge (Taiwo Awoniyi, 62 mins)

Is a Jack Colback vs Bruno/Joelinton midfield battle even able to be shown pre-watershed? An absolutely one-sided mismatch that!!

Guest HTT II
34 minutes ago, GWN said:

So here we go , I’ve had the most tragic year losing my wife so this is a thankful distraction for me . I’ve not got my season ticket for this one as I promised it to my lads but I’ve managed via a work supplier to get 2 tickets .

Taking a customer, all day on the piss , food , match , last bus home .

can’t wait , really hope to get off to a flyer and bag 3 points to get us off to a great season ahead , win and it will kick start the revolution in my opinion .

0-2 [emoji38]

Have a great day mate and here’s hoping for 3 points, and don’t get the customer too pissed [emoji38]

Guest HTT II
8 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Fucking hyped for this. Me and my older brother going. Not seen him since Covid. Then meeting my mates for a drink after game, and getting last train back to Leeds. 

Enjoy the day with your bro, my sis is coming up from London tomorrow, it’s been over 2 years since we last seen each other, it will be emotional. 

Review of Colback:

”Worked well with O’Brien alongside him. The two of them seemed to form a decent understanding, even if the attacking platform wasn’t necessarily there”. 

O’Brien a new signing, not sure of position but guessing CM? 

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Review of Colback:

”Worked well with O’Brien alongside him. The two of them seemed to form a decent understanding, even if the attacking platform wasn’t necessarily there”. 

O’Brien a new signing, not sure of position but guessing CM? 

He is aye

That Toffolo they signed from Huddersfield as well who plays left wing back so he might start there