Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I really want us to obliterate them! 4 goals or something… have the team really synchronised/fluid in both attack and defense.

send a message out to the rest of the league that we have arrived and are not to be funked with:knuppel2:

Don't think Colback starts with all the new signings they've made, (Omar Richards will probably be LB/LWB). Considering JC wasn't good enough for their midfield Championship team I doubt he's in there next week. Going off the Forest forum I read McKenna (CB) is highly rated by them. The CB they've signed from Mainz certainly talks a good game from listening to an interview with him this week.

They seem confident but I'd expect that to be the case. 

I'm expecting a relatively straightforward win but that may change as ko time draws nearer.

21 minutes ago, James said:

I will predict we play the same starting lineup as that which started vs Benfica.

that means surprise starts for Lascelles and Anderson.

actually Joelinton for Anderson, so ten out of the eleven.

With that many signings they can't be gelled well and have the partnerships we have. Our team has been trained together by Howe for ages. Can't see anything other than a win. :D

Schar is the first name on the team-sheet for me, and since we should be superior against these I'd love us to surprise include Anderson in a fluid 4231 like we looked to be playing a few times in pre-season.

Tripps - Schar - Botman - Targett

Bruno          -        Joelinton

Miggy    -   Anderson -     Maxi

Wilson

Pretty much expect Willock or Longy to get the nod ahead of Anderson but I would love it. :D

25 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They’ve made so many changes to their squad that I reckon they’ll be completely run over by how organised we are 

This is my thought too. 

You’d think it’ll take them some time to find their way. Hopefully anyways. 

Still surprised this one didn’t get picked for TV, if I was a neutral it’s 100% one I’d want to watch over some of the shite fixtures. 

52 minutes ago, James said:

I will predict we play the same starting lineup as that which started vs Benfica.

that means surprise starts for Lascelles and Anderson.

Lascelles won’t be starting and it’s actually mad to think otherwise.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk etc.

3 hours ago, nortoon said:

With that many signings they can't be gelled well and have the partnerships we have. Our team has been trained together by Howe for ages. Can't see anything other than a win. :D

Schar is the first name on the team-sheet for me, and since we should be superior against these I'd love us to surprise include Anderson in a fluid 4231 like we looked to be playing a few times in pre-season.

Tripps - Schar - Botman - Targett

Bruno          -        Joelinton

Miggy    -   Anderson -     Maxi

Wilson

Pretty much expect Willock or Longy to get the nod ahead of Anderson but I would love it. :D

Schar was one our most consistent players last season, he's an intelligent player, who will compliment Botman perfectly. Gives us a much better foundation to play the ball out from the back. If they don't start together I'd be surprised.

So what’s the craic with the few remaining tickets and why unsold? Seems a bit odd when people desperate for them. Is their some anomaly in the family section or something?

29 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So what’s the craic with the few remaining tickets and why unsold? Seems a bit odd when people desperate for them. Is their some anomaly in the family section or something?

They are sold now but took ages because when there were only single seats left in level 7 you had to be between 13-17 to buy them.

Also if you look at the Man City game it says online sale 4 August but already says sold out next to it.

I don't think they know what they are doing.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Did the stadium announcer at the Bilbao game say it was concessions in the family section?

Still surprised to see them available myself.

There's issue in the family section apparently of seats not being close to each other. For example you can't buy an adult ticket on its own, at the same time if you want to take little 5yr old Geordie the seats may well be 10 rows and 70 seats apart.

Edited by madras