Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Buzzing for this, Daughters first one, hope this is the start of our football future together. 

My first one with my eldest was the 7-1 thrashing of Spurs. Stood with her on my arm/hip for most of the game so she could see. She was very young, but my arm/back was numb by the end! 

38 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's the sort of game we'd normally think is a nice start to the season and lose 0-1 to a Lingard goal. Think we'll win 3-1.

Not at all too optimistic or nutty! I can’t decide between 3-1 or 2-0. (…if only we could ‘decide’). I’ll go with a nice controlled 2-0 (1-0 HT), with occasional scare and Lingard volleying into L7. 

Not entirely sure Lingard starts this. Played 76 minutes in a friendly against Valencia on Saturday and that is his only match time this whole pre season. Can't see him being quite ready to start a Premier League game.

Edited by Magpie

Guest HTT II

We now know our style, set up and tactics, regardless of who plays which is key for me in determining how we will fare against the opposition. I haven’t a clue about Forest, however, and I doubt their manager really does either nor their fans and players given the huge influx of new signings. If we keep doing what we’ve been doing and do it well, we should win the match.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Sneaking feeling that we'll dominate, miss a load of chances and they'll do us. 1-2.

Personally, I’d take that, if it led to a panicked almighty loosening of the purse strings. But I think we are too well organised to lose this at home (I know…). 

Its been a summer of positivity, everyone is on the up, the vibe is really good, the team has been coached by a high quality backroom staff who set high standards, we've had a really good pre-season against top quality champions League opposition with everyone in the squad getting decent minutes under the belt. 

This is going to be a classic Newcastle 2-0 defeat.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Under Howe we've only lost 2 home league games, to Man City and Liverpool.

But you're forgetting about the "Newcastle Effect". Where every bit of hope and positivity cannot be allowed to stay for a prolonged period of time, and must come crashing down in a blaze of firey glory.

Just now, 54 said:

But you're forgetting about the "Newcastle Effect". Where every bit of hope and positivity cannot be allowed to stay for a prolonged period of time, and must come crashing down in a blaze of firey glory.

Ashley's gone, mate. Sold the club 10 months ago.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Ashley's gone, mate. Sold the club 10 months ago.

The effect goes back way longer then Ashley, its been in effect since the Fairs Cup win :lol: