Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, 54 said:

The effect goes back way longer then Ashley, its been in effect since the Fairs Cup win :lol:  

Maybe but its been in nigh on every pre match thread post takeover. Boring patter at this stage iyam. :lol:

Can't blame them for feeling optimistic after last season and their flurry of transfer activity. They're back in the PL and probably loving life. 

It's one you avoid on the accumulator, like. The optimism and positivity here is bigger than ever but it would be the most Newcastle thing ever to shit the bed now and we all get brought back down to earth. 

I think we'll do it though. Aye pre-season means nowt but we've played some really good stuff and we generally seem very well prepared. 2-0 to us, Wilson double.

Guest HTT II

Smacks of KK’s promotion side losing at home to Spurs this mind on the opening day! Fuck me, I doubt my pessimism will ever leave me when it comes to NUFC! [emoji38]

Really, I can't see anything other than a win here. We've made our training drills into bloody battles, so we'll turn our battles into bloody drills, as the phrase goes. Even if we went a goal down, I think this team would just double down and not shrink.

If they're coming here to play us at our own game, I think they'll end up absolutely spanked. I certainly wouldn't be quick to underestimate Steve Cooper but our manager has been working on our style with the same players for seven months now, whereas Forest and Cooper have a brand new team. It's surely too early for them to do the high-risk-high-reward thing, especially against us whilst our tails are up. They need to dig in, frustrate us and kill the atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

They seem to think they will overrun us with their attacking verve and high energy pressing. All that with Jack Colback in their midfield.

Slightly concerned with their transition play; they’re absolutely rapid on the counter and press very aggressively. We’ve definitely got more quality but any sloppy passes in midfield could be punished.

I’m sure it’ll be a competitive, high intensity game but I see us edging it. Can’t wait!

This'll be a feisty one. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with our pressing as that's a big step up factor - do they have the option to hoy it long?

Would go with:

Pope

Trippier   Schar   Botman   Targett

Joe   Bruno   Jow

Almiron   Wilson   ASM

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Slightly concerned with their transition play; they’re absolutely rapid on the counter and press very aggressively. We’ve definitely got more quality but any sloppy passes in midfield could be punished.

I’m sure it’ll be a competitive, high intensity game but I see us edging it. Can’t wait!

I expect a hard game, they might even push us back at times, but we are well drilled in defending. We might struggle to score goals a bit, but if we keep a clean sheet we'll win. Maxi and Wilson will do some damage.

I'm not deluded, they can definitely come here and win, but I just find it very unlikely, it's completely understandably they're going off their tits with excitement like.

SJP will be absolutely rocking and only Liverpool (0-1) have picked points up here since Watford (1-1 Draw 9 home games ago) when we started to turn the screw. Even before then it's only Man City who've beaten us at home since Howe took over. You have to go back to the first game of the season to when we were last beaten by a side out of the top 4 in the league at SJP (I realise what I've just said there [emoji38]).

Edited by Hanshithispantz