Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Lascelles will do something stupid against his old club. Definitely should not be near the starting eleven. 

Hope we see Botman. I wonder if there is any chance of a back 3 with wingbacks at some point this season. 

1 minute ago, La Parka said:

Lascelles will do something stupid against his old club. Definitely should not be near the starting eleven. 

Hope we see Botman. I wonder if there is any chance of a back 3 with wingbacks at some point this season. 

First game against City or Liverpool, I can see Howe springing that formation. 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

I have a feeling Lascelles is going to start instead of Schar. He’s paired him up with Botman pretty much every pre season game.

Heard Botman talking about his whole family coming over for the game. Really hope he plays but, as much as I could make out from the still photographs, it looked like Schar and Burn were on the same side for the 11 a side practice. Which could support the Lascelles Botman partnership as well, but made me think that the first two might get the nod. 

Botman will play 

our number 1 target , he is our best centre half 

Full pre season under his belt and has Ben our top performing centre half in the friendlies 

It’s a premier league game tomorrow, 3 points at stake !

We can’t afford to field a weakened team.

I think it’s Botman , Burn 

3 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Botman will play 

Full pre season under his belt and has Ben our top performing centre half in the friendlies 

Well that the third combo being mooted 😂 Quite nice to have choice really! (… hope it’s Schar & Botman). 

Sick to the back teeth of all the how much money have we really got, are we just shit at transfers craic. Roll on tomorrow! I’m away but hoping to be able to see it or listen (somehow). I’ll thinking of all there, and elsewhere who are equally back on board with our team. Howay the lads :indi:

25 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Sick to the back teeth of all the how much money have we really got, are we just shit at transfers craic. Roll on tomorrow! I’m away but hoping to be able to see it or listen (somehow). I’ll thinking of all there, and elsewhere who are equally back on board with our team. Howay the lads :indi:

We've still spent 153m since they came in tbf. Will probably spend another 50 so thats 200 Mil in a calendar year 

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Botman will play 

Yeah I think it’ll be Botman, Burn too 

Yeah I do think it will be Botman Burn from preseason which feels strange to me as as much as Burn was great think Schar quickly settled back into being excellent last season, we just extended his contract and Botman is a more natural left sided centre back. There are a lot of games and we need 3 quality centre backs but my other worry is Schar sometimes takes a few games to get up to speed, he is a bit of a form player so worry about the impact of benching him. Oh well, I still have trust in Howe and he could surprise me. 

Botman's had a full preseason, featured prominantly in friendlies and explicity has come expecting to be first choice, no way he will be eased in, he has already been eased in with preseason (well you've given me doubt now, maybe i guess)

Edited by Tiresias

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Feels good, man. 

Oh aye, I feel alive as a NUFC supporter for the first time in years and years. Everyone I know is buzzing for tomorrow, those going, those who aren’t, kids, older people, non local fans, the lot. Even my step dad who is from Exeter and doesn’t like football was asking me if I think the Toon will win tomorrow [emoji38]

I have a feeling that Burn/Schar might happen however it makes no sense to me. We’ve chased Botman for over 6 months, finally got him. He doesn’t need a bedding in period as he’s had a full pre season, and it’s clear from pre season games that his passing from the back will be a real asset. For me he has to start. 

It's almost as if Eddie Howe thinks that a new player can benefit from being eased into the PL. He might also believe that it's good for squad harmony if big money signings have to earn their way into the side, rather than just walk straight in.

It's a non issue, we MIGHT get a couple of weeks of Schar and Burn, but it won't last long. Botman is going to be an absolute boss for us, whether he starts against Forest is neither here nor there.