Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

It will be Burn & Schar imo, I would be suprised if Pope doesn't start though.

Throwing Botman in at the deep end and also dropping Burn first game of the season seems canny harsh. Harsh on Dubba Ray too like.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I think it'll be Botman and Burn. The former, because he's had the benefit of a full pre-season so there's no 'deep end' scenario imo, the latter because he's played the most in pre-season. 

My pick would be Schar instead of Burn cos I think he's better under basically every metric, mind. 

I think there are only 3 positions where it's not clear who will start. CB, Willock or Longstaff (I think Willock will start, I see Longstaff as the away from home/vs top 6 choice as he is more defensive) and Almiron or Fraser.

I hope for a Burn - Botman pairing (Schär is too injury prone), Willock and Almiron.  I can really see Almiron and Trippier working well, Almiron has needed a smart overlapping FB and in Trippier he has one, pre-season suggested they were getting how to play together.

I’m super excited about this. 

It’s an interesting challenge - there’s an element of the unknown with the amount of new players they’ve bought and it being their first game back at this level. You’d be disappointed if we didn’t win against a newly promoted side at home though. 

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Targett

Almiron Joelinton Bruno Longstaff ASM

Wilson

Exactly what I think I'd start with, with 5 subs i like Willock coming off the bench for longstaff fairly early. Think Willock is more likely to be more effective with fresh legs with his pace.

Also think Schar has to start. Best passer in the team when Shelvey is out and so good at taking us from back to front in one move.

Quote from Howe which I would say confirms he'll start against Forrest.

Eddie Howe on Sven Botman:

"I think he's ready to play. I've seen him during pre-season and what a talent he is. I think he's going to be everything we hoped he would be. He's technically very good, very strong and very good defensively."

Guest reefatoon

How great is this to actually be looking forward to the season starting. Can't frigging wait for tomorrow.

Feel like I'm going to my first ever game again, absolutely buzzing, don't think even Lascelles and Dummett starting as CBs would ruin my buzz. Stopping in Whitley Bay for the first time in over twenty years too, hear it's all old fogeys now but I guess that's what I am these days anyway!

I think 

Pope 

Trips Lascelles Botman Targett 

Bruno

Willock     Joe 

Miggy                        ASM

Wilson 

Guest reefatoon
31 minutes ago, Nine said:

I think 

Pope 

Trips Lascelles Botman Targett