Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Guest HTT II

I could see him starting mind, an incentive against his former club, to nail a position in the starting XI alongside Botman. Hopefully it will be Schar though!

30 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Have I missed something? Why would Lascelles be starting?

I would have said Burn but it’s unlikely he is put on the right 

Howe generally plays a physical, heading ball winner with a ball playing CB. Can’t see the pairing of Botman and Schar happening myself. 

Edited by Nine

Guest reefatoon
34 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Have I missed something? Why would Lascelles be starting?

Just a hunch off pre season, where he was paired with Botman most games. Don't think Botman and Schar played together did they? I would much rather have Schar in there by the way, I just have a feeling Lascelles might get the nod.

Howe has shown he can be ruthless too and I think he would have taken the captaincy off Lascelles if he had no plans for him.

Edited by reefatoon

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Howe was experimenting in pre-season, there's absolutely no chance that Lascelles will start.

He experimented in pretty much every game Botman played by playing Lascelles alongside him? Once would be an experiment, but pretty much every game they played together seems more than that. I thought the last couple of games were quite telling in who was paired together in the centre of defence.

Edited by reefatoon

Just been reading the Forest forum as i'm stuck in the office, but this tickled me, obviously don't agree with the ratings, but the scoring systems are funny :lol: 

Spoiler

The poll indicates hopes are high, so I thought I'd compare and contrast the likely line-ups.
NUFC seem to opt for a 4-3-3 whereas I expect us to go for a 3-5-2, at least from k.o. until SC decides he needs to change the formation to suit the way the game is going, so I've tried to group into defenders, midfielders and attackers, but that doesn't quite work, but is bst I can do:

Goalies:
1 Pope v Henderson: not a lot to choose between them; both in contention for an England place... honours even: PAR

Defenders:
2 Trippier v Williams: Trippier immensley experienced at this level, and a full England international, but at 31 are his best years behind him? Williams, young rookie, full Wales international with the best years yet to come. Overall honours even: PAR.
3 Targett V Toffolo: both have reprsented England at juniour levels, both aged 26... honours even: PAR
4 Botman v Worrall: Botman is the rookie in comparison to Joe. I think given the formal announcement of Club Captaincy, Joe shades it : Forest 1 under Par after 4.
5 Schar v Niakhate: Close one to call, with Schar having the benefit of 89 games for NUFC in the Prem under his belt. Niakhate is vastly experienced in the Budesliga, but as yet unblooded in the Prem. Has show a lot of class in the friendlies. I think his being 4 years younger at 26 will shade it for Moussa: Forest another 1 under Par... 2 under after 5!
6 Joelinton v McKenna: not a perfect match-out this one, but best I could do! I think Joelinton shades it over McKenna. Newcastle 1 under Par. Forest 1 under after 6.

Midfield:
7 St-Maximan v Johnson: both quick, and with an eye for goal, and both can be match-winners on their day. St Maximan probably shades it over Bren because of his experience. Another 1 under for Newcastle. Back to Par after 7.
8 Bruno v O'Brien: Brazillian technical brilliance against English guts and no little skill; honours even: PAR after 8.
9 Anderson v Colback: Ginger Jack will be out to prove something... forget comparative skills here. Forest 1 under Par... 1 Under Par after 9
10 Almiron v Lingard: I've seen Almiron weave magic in some games, and be subbed off as totally ineffective in others; Lingard will be up for this game to prove Talk Spunk and Danny Mills know sweet FA... Forest 1 under; 2 under after 10.

Strikers:
Wilson v Surridge (or Awoniyi): Wilson is a cracking player: big lad who is good with both feet and his head, plus he has pace and experience at this level. Neither Surridge nor Awoniyi have that level of experience in the Prem, and I think Wilson takes this one, comfortably... Newcastle 2 under Par; ALL SQUARE AFTER 11.

Managers:
Howe v Cooper: can't put a fag paper between them really... leaves us on PAR after the starting 11 plus the managers.

The key will be on the bench... and SC is a tactical genius... gives us the edge... Forest win 1 UNDER with the Bench!

Total Bollox I know... but I enjoyed thinking about it.

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

They're in for a big shock tomorrow when they see how difficult it is to beat us at home now.

I'm hoping we give them the welcome to the PL moment and just paste them

Guest reefatoon

Ahh bless. You can't beat that newly promoted invincible feeling. Never pans out like you hope when you first come up though. They will soon find out how hard it is and the difference in player quality. 

I dare say this lot (the fans) won't have watched much of us in the last half of the season so have no idea what they are in for with Bruno and Joe.

They also seem to think O' Brien is already one of the best midfielders in the Prem despite being 23 and spending his entire career so far in Championship and below.

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

The Bruno and Colback ones man :lol: :lol:

Also liked how our new players are untested and lose points for it but theirs are exciting and wins them points. 

TBF they do dock... shots[??] from forest for no apparent reason. They're 2 under par to our par, when Joelinton comes up against Mckenna. Big Jo wins and both scores go to 1 under par. Or is Mckenna a bogie?

EDIT: Oh I think I see it now.

Edited by Happinesstan

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Big River said:

they'd be daft to start him. it's a sure-fire way of getting our crowd right into it, booing that little huckle

I got temp banned for less…