Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Guest HTT II
Just now, Big River said:

not sure, but I think you got banned for making 300 posts a day. the system thought you were a spam bot

I’ll let

You can hardly blame the fans of a newly promoted club for being optimistic and confident. They're a bit of an unknown with the player turnover, their coach is highly thought of and in Johnson, they have a real talent who'll need to be dealt with.

That said, they're coming up against a coach in EH who would never under (or over) estimate anyone, will have meticulously prepared the team in every way and also they're up against a team with a level of fitness, quality, defensive strength and ability to press them high that they won't have experienced before. I predict they'll start well but run out of steam and we'll win...but it might be tight and twitchy for a while. Verdict - 2-1.

This is the first time we're going to kick off a season without Ashley since 2006-07. I was a few months from turning 6 year old. :lol:

Coincidentally that's also the last time our first game of the season was a home Saturday 3pm fixture. 2-1 win v Wigan.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This is the first time we're going to kick off a season without Ashley since 2006-07. I was a few months from turning 6 year old. :lol:

Coincidentally that's also the last time our first game of the season was a home Saturday 3pm fixture. 2-1 win v Wigan.

Remember it well, pissed down with rain and Shola scored the winner :lol:

Guest HTT II

I expect and hope we win this one, but these type of first games against newly promoted sides can always throw up an odd result (unless we are the newly promoted side of course). I’m confident we won’t take them lightly and will - with a cracking atmosphere hopefully - beat them.

22 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Hyped for this. Buzzing I managed to get tickets.

Enjoy it mate! 

Gutted I wasn't able to get a couple of tickets despite travelling up for the weekend!