Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

30 minutes ago, madras said:

Not the Sam as last season is it, you'll be Diane to watch and feel like throwing yourself off a Cliff if you can't, that would be the Norm. Get yourself a little Woody watching Eddie (Stop it, thats Frasier) Coach the lads to a win and Trippier with a  Carla into the top corner from a free kick.

Very good 

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Genuinely mental reading that.

Guy clearly has issues. Even without his shit opinions, who the fuck uses "one under par" etc when rating teams :lol:

18 hours ago, 54 said:

Just been reading the Forest forum as i'm stuck in the office, but this tickled me, obviously don't agree with the ratings, but the scoring systems are funny :lol: 

Hide contents

The poll indicates hopes are high, so I thought I'd compare and contrast the likely line-ups.
NUFC seem to opt for a 4-3-3 whereas I expect us to go for a 3-5-2, at least from k.o. until SC decides he needs to change the formation to suit the way the game is going, so I've tried to group into defenders, midfielders and attackers, but that doesn't quite work, but is bst I can do:

Goalies:
1 Pope v Henderson: not a lot to choose between them; both in contention for an England place... honours even: PAR

Defenders:
2 Trippier v Williams: Trippier immensley experienced at this level, and a full England international, but at 31 are his best years behind him? Williams, young rookie, full Wales international with the best years yet to come. Overall honours even: PAR.
3 Targett V Toffolo: both have reprsented England at juniour levels, both aged 26... honours even: PAR
4 Botman v Worrall: Botman is the rookie in comparison to Joe. I think given the formal announcement of Club Captaincy, Joe shades it : Forest 1 under Par after 4.
5 Schar v Niakhate: Close one to call, with Schar having the benefit of 89 games for NUFC in the Prem under his belt. Niakhate is vastly experienced in the Budesliga, but as yet unblooded in the Prem. Has show a lot of class in the friendlies. I think his being 4 years younger at 26 will shade it for Moussa: Forest another 1 under Par... 2 under after 5!
6 Joelinton v McKenna: not a perfect match-out this one, but best I could do! I think Joelinton shades it over McKenna. Newcastle 1 under Par. Forest 1 under after 6.

Midfield:
7 St-Maximan v Johnson: both quick, and with an eye for goal, and both can be match-winners on their day. St Maximan probably shades it over Bren because of his experience. Another 1 under for Newcastle. Back to Par after 7.
8 Bruno v O'Brien: Brazillian technical brilliance against English guts and no little skill; honours even: PAR after 8.
9 Anderson v Colback: Ginger Jack will be out to prove something... forget comparative skills here. Forest 1 under Par... 1 Under Par after 9
10 Almiron v Lingard: I've seen Almiron weave magic in some games, and be subbed off as totally ineffective in others; Lingard will be up for this game to prove Talk Spunk and Danny Mills know sweet FA... Forest 1 under; 2 under after 10.

Strikers:
Wilson v Surridge (or Awoniyi): Wilson is a cracking player: big lad who is good with both feet and his head, plus he has pace and experience at this level. Neither Surridge nor Awoniyi have that level of experience in the Prem, and I think Wilson takes this one, comfortably... Newcastle 2 under Par; ALL SQUARE AFTER 11.

Managers:
Howe v Cooper: can't put a fag paper between them really... leaves us on PAR after the starting 11 plus the managers.

The key will be on the bench... and SC is a tactical genius... gives us the edge... Forest win 1 UNDER with the Bench!

Total Bollox I know... but I enjoyed thinking about it.

Let them have their moment before the reality of the Premier League kicks in later.

still with Everton, Burnley and second season Brentford in this league they have a real chance!

There's a guy who used his own metric and made damn sure that Forest landed on the right side of it.

Let's be clear, they have one player who might get into our side and that's Johnson.

Par -10 if you like. [emoji38]

16 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

@Johnny Where is that from? A Forest forum? How 

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/official-premier-league-matchday-thread-1-newcastle-vs-forest-6-8-22-

That's the full thread. And we're deluded ?

Edit. Won't load for some reason, anyway use that link, go to Forest banter and look for the match thread.

Edited by madras

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Can’t get Jarrow Song out of mind since someone reminded us of it t’other day. Singing as I do eggy bread breakfast 😂 

This not played at the ground anymore?

21 minutes ago, madras said:

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/official-premier-league-matchday-thread-1-newcastle-vs-forest-6-8-22-

That's the full thread. And we're deluded ?

Edit. Won't load for some reason, anyway use that link, go to Forest banter and look for the match thread.

Just read the thread. They are the deluded one. We aren't that good of a side we almost got relegated last season? Got a new manager signed 5 players then we're 3rd in the form tbale and finished 11th. We haven't done that much transfer activity, sorry we haven't signed 12 players this summer like them. Their style of football will be a shock to us....youse are in the premier League now kiddos doesn't matter how you played last season. One of them says it will be a 3 nil win to them and they will blow us away.