Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Wasn't sure where to mention this but Connor Cody was asked which ground he likes playing at (not likes because he wins there all the time) and he said SJP because of the atmosphere, he said it was like you were playing against the crowd.

I think we forget what a hostile place to get a result SJP can be.

I think we also forget what a big influence that can be to potential new signings. Ben Foster on his pod also mentions looking for Newcastle when the fixtures come out because they used to have a night out in the city.

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, STM said:

Wasn't sure where to mention this but Connor Cody was asked which ground he likes playing at (not likes because he wins there all the time) and he said SJP because of the atmosphere, he said it was like you were playing against the crowd.

I think we forget what a hostile place to get a result SJP can be.

I think we also forget what a big influence that can be to potential new signings. Ben Foster on his pod also mentions looking for Newcastle when the fixtures come out because they used to have a night out in the city.

I think the last game of last season against Arsenal showed what a hostile atmosphere can do. Arsenal looked beaten in the tunnel. There is no better place for footbal than at a fully up for it st James’ park. Must be amazing to play in front of.

This thread is going into overdrive at 2pm when the team is out. Don't see anything entirely unexpected in the line up though, unless he puts Anderson in ofcourse. All the other decsions are 50/50 I think . 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

This thread is going into overdrive at 2pm when the team is out. Don't see anything entirely unexpected in the line up though, unless he puts Anderson in ofcourse. All the other decsions are 50/50 I think . 

I don't think Anderson would be that much of a surprise. It's definitely between him, Longstaff, and Willoock, for that 3rd midfield slot. Any of them would be justified. 

I think that extends to most players. Any surprises would be people missing, like Trips, Targett, Bruno, ASM, Joelinton and Wilson.

On 31/07/2022 at 13:38, gdm said:

As I said in botman thread I’m predicting the line up will be 

Pope

Trippier, schar, burn, target 

joelinton, bruno, willock

Almiron, Wilson, ASM

Just call me Ando 

as I thought he played they same back 5 v Atalanta and the same front 6 minus Almiron v Bilbao 

Edited by gdm