Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

It's not a whinge as such as I'm still buzzing for the season ahead under proper management. However.. I can't deny there's something a little underwhelming about seeing our first team sheet of the season and it being an XI we could already put out at the end of last season, sans 'keeper. 

Guest reefatoon

Good strong team out. Holding Botman back will hopefully have the same effect that it had on Bruno. He’ll get his time. Can’t wait for this.

Would have gone for Dubravka and Botman over Pope and Burn but otherwise that’s our strongest possible lineup. We actually have options now it’s mental. 

Hope we really kick off this season with a bang. 

Just now, St1pe said:

Would have gone for Dubravka and Botman over Pope and Burn but otherwise that’s our strongest possible lineup. We actually have options now it’s mental. 

Hope we really kick off this season with a bang. 

Defensively, yes we have options.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Rafalove said:

I know Eddy likes to ease players in but I thought with a good preseason with the squad Botman would have started

It's more to do with building an ethos where no player thinks they are automatic and every player has to earn their right. I'm sure Botman will understand, if not, Bruno can tell him.

not really sure why easing in is a concern what is the whole point of preseason if not to ease them in, but is harsh to break up the partnership and maybe howe thinks botman will benefit from watching at first.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Tbf, Burn and Schar did very well defensivley last season, they probably deserve to hold their spots until one of them gives a reason to be dropped.

I don't agree with this but its understandable if this is Howes reasoning.