Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I hope we address the midfield long term and try with a cheeky loan or two in attack. Some depth in fullback for those who are actually fit would help. Manq and Lewis are perma crocks. 

Edited by Kanji

I just hope we know whoever we are going for is actually available, and wants to come. Let's not have another January deadline situation where one club refuses to sell/loan at the last minute because they don't need to, and another player turns us down at the last minute. That would be deflating.

Surely we must have some rumours/news tomorrow!  Unless it's all being kept entirely under the radar there won't be time for anything (especially 2) if we don't hear anything by tomorrow night .

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Our owners have said previously that January isn’t a window they favour (Last January was obviously an emergency) so I wouldn’t expect too much from us in the January window. 

Maybe. Probably. But if the right player becomes available for whatever reason. And the situation arises… say we’re in the mix for a spot in Europe. I’m confident they’ll seize the opportunity.  Optimistic.

5 minutes ago, LRD said:

We signed Bruno, Burn and Targett (loan) in the last days of the January window. Am optimistic that we will see incomings in the next few days.

I think so too, but I expect more short term ish signings in the mould of Burn than say a Bruno type signing. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I think so too, but I expect more short term ish signings in the mould of Burn than say a Bruno type signing. 

Yeah, we have our marquee signing in Isak already. Can see a loan and maybe just maybe, if Leicester is willing to meet our bid for Maddison. Do think Watford will eventually accept Pedro joining us though.

Alvarez feels like it's going to be a waste of time at this stage of the window if Ajax have no intention of letting him go. We need to be hunting down alternatives instead of banging our heads against a brick wall.

30 minutes ago, TRon said:

Alvarez feels like it's going to be a waste of time at this stage of the window if Ajax have no intention of letting him go. We need to be hunting down alternatives instead of banging our heads against a brick wall.

Possible we have laid a bunch of ground work and the Antony deal came about quickly with Manure. Now Ajax might not be so keen. We shall see. Sure we will know more by this time tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

It's not really a waste of time because I doubt we're only working on only one deal for one player. Doesn't hurt to just throw it out there.

We all thought Joao Pedro was done then Isak came along out of nowhere.

Edited by mikejaxer

5 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Anyone think we could try and revive the Diaby deal? 

He also seems like a long term target which fits the strategic plan. 

Hudson Odoi moving to Leverkusen makes it an interesting one but I don’t think the money will work. Please prove me wrong!