Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Everyone’s arse has fallen out in the league when considering our potential. You could see how Klopp and Liverpool reacted the other day, we’re a major threat now. Can’t wait to start smashing some of these teams in the next few years

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Has anyone checked Kaka is OK?

Feels weird not seeing him post in here every 2 minutes.

Wonder if he’ll retract his comment calling the people saying our business was done were bedwetters :lol:

Just now, khay said:

Few more windows and players like Maddison will be kicking up more of a fuss to get a move to Newcastle. Just need to keep adding to the squad and keep the faith! 

Can only imagine the reason he didn't kick up more of a fuss is that he's happy to run down his contract like Tielemans, then take his pick from the clubs lining up for his services. Wasn't it @Shearergol who reckons he has his sights set on Arsenal?

From now on going forward I don’t mind us going for say 2 players a window at the most (depending on serious injuries). Where one player is a Isak kind of signing and the other a top quality less proven young player that is cheaper. I like the idea of doing it this way. We have some glaring holes here and there but we won’t have to make as many deals from now on. 

Build the team around Isak, ASM, Bruno, Trippier, Botman, Pope, Targett and Joelinton to begin with. Replacing other players in the team slowly but steadily will make our squad depth so much better while still maintaining team spirit and the feeling of unity where most players feel and will be taking part over a whole season. We don’t need wholesale changes now going forward. Quality and top top potential over quantity and the rest will sort itself out. Joelinton for example is a player that might be limited IF he has to do the job of other more ball playing players. He is a monster in midfield and if we have more technical players that can do more of the technical side of things then he won’t be a hindrance but an asset in there doing what he does best. Very good footballers in there will elevate his play and make it easier for him to take part too as he won’t have to do it all. Then his “weakness” in there won’t even be a limitation to our game but a massively important part of the collective eleven. He will also become even better with time I reckon. Targett is class too, so so underrated, even now. 

Future is looking bright now already. Ambition and hope feels normal now, which is insane consider what a short amount of time it’s been since the takeover. Sometimes I feel like I need to remind myself and pinch myself to fully grasp where we just were and where we have come. The best is yet to come. All I can say GTFI. No apathy anymore. HTL!

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Wonder if he’ll retract his comment calling the people saying our business was done were bedwetters :lol:

Nah, no retraction, because the window wasn't closed when you were all crying and soiling your pants.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Well duh. I just said this in the other thread, we really need to have learned from January.

Some on here have refused to believe it as a real issue, good to see Howe calling it out as a problem.

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The rest of the league are doing us a favour, there is more value and quality abroad imo. 

100%.

At least now we know and can stop wasting time dealing with them.

Focus the scouting and background checks on more targets abroad.

We've got smart people onboard here.

One of the things we need to start to do next summer is - start upgrading our squad players. Pretty much every senior player we've signed has been for the XI. And getting rid of what we have.

IMO we are 2 players away from a really good first XI. I hope we sign both in January, then that gives us half a season to see what the team looks like then.

Long-term I don't think Isak is best placed as a right sided forward in a 4-3-3.