Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

On 15/01/2023 at 08:47, Ben said:

Starting my own rumour here, Dyche will take Wood to his next club so we replace him with Vlahovic as Juventus need the cash before their demotion.

Geed up

59 minutes ago, Shak said:

Dokko putting out some ITK vibes :lol:

Sorry. I should.know better. I'd not.even heard of him until I had to go find how to spell his name (thought it was mofti the way the lad was swaying it!). 😂 but the Jeremy vine reckons we finished our background checks on him last week, and he would be a direct replacement for wood should he move on. Apparently for a big lad, he's not very good in the air, so yes, a direct replacement for wood. 😂

32 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I can’t see us agreeing to let him leave unless we are very close to a replacement and have a few options for the position. 

Doesn’t make sense to let him go, otherwise and I’d agree that it would be a mistake. If that is the case. 

Fingers crossed that’s the case because making us weaker for no reason doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Sorry. I should.know better. I'd not.even heard of him until I had to go find how to spell his name (thought it was mofti the way the lad was swaying it!). 😂 but the Jeremy vine reckons we finished our background checks on him last week, and he would be a direct replacement for wood should he move on. Apparently for a big lad, he's not very good in the air, so yes, a direct replacement for wood. 😂

Where did you hear this info? Would like to check it out.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

There were reports we had scouts at the Lorient game last weekend, is that not where this is coming from?

1 minute ago, Rich said:

There were reports we had scouts at the Lorient game last weekend, is that not where this is coming from?

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No idea where he gets his info tbh. Never asked. 1st mentioned this lad on the 16th Dec. Only remember as it was my works Xmas night out. No one had heard of him, his stats weren't great and he got the piss taken out of him. 

Spoke again and he said if wood leaves this is still a good shout, so thought I'd hang my hat on it once wood to forest materialised and I found out how to spell his name. Hence I should know better! 😂  

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah, I saw those. I was just wandering what @Dokko was referring to as far as the reports we had done back ground checks etc. Was wondering if that had been specifically reported elsewhere.

In any case, if he is on our radar, aside from his really good goal scoring run recently, other things that would have stood out to Howe will be his defensive work rate. He presses really well and is quite determined in that regard. What I particularly like about him is his awareness and link up play in the build up phase. as he uses the ball well in those instances. Got great size and decent speed too. He's not the finished article, but he has a lot of really great tools that a manager who is good at developing players would love to work with.

Funnily enough he actually did his schooling here in the UK. Attended some sports academy type school that ultimately then got him a club in one of the smaller leagues in Europe and then he ended up in Belgium I believe and then France.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

No idea where he gets his info tbh. Never asked. 1st mentioned this lad on the 16th Dec. Only remember as it was my works Xmas night out. No one had heard of him, his stats weren't great and he got the piss taken out of him. 

Spoke again and he said if wood leaves this is still a good shout, so thought I'd hang my hat on it once wood to forest materialised and I found out how to spell his name. Hence I should know better! 😂  

Ah, I see. It was someone you know personally. Thought you had heard it on some youtube channel or something and so was going to go listen to the full thing.

Fair enough. Well worth sharing anyway. Be interesting to see if there's anything to it :thup:

43 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Wood out and someone who can play wide and provide cover centrally makes sense. Can’t see us letting him go atm without someone coming in.

Yeah, a wide forward seems more likely to me. Isak’s return means Wood is comfortably third choice for one position, and our squad isn’t deep enough yet to be stacking players 

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Haven't seen many links to Ismaila Sarr from Watford this window to any other clubs, thought he might be on our list

Watched them last weekend. Thought he looked great. Just don't think he would come cheap and certainly not on loan.

Something is happening Danjuma makes lots of sense given he is available on loan. Seems like he is heading to Everton though. 

Moukoko would surely be a summer signing when he is actually out of contract. I don't think we will get him but at the same time seeing people like Lothar Matthaus coming out on the defensive telling him not to join us means there must be some fire with the smoke and some actual panic he might consider the move.

Think we must be getting another loan forward we don't know about. 

30 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Watched them last weekend. Thought he looked great. Just don't think he would come cheap and certainly not on loan.

Something is happening Danjuma makes lots of sense given he is available on loan. Seems like he is heading to Everton though. 

Moukoko would surely be a summer signing when he is actually out of contract. I don't think we will get him but at the same time seeing people like Lothar Matthaus coming out on the defensive telling him not to join us means there must be some fire with the smoke and some actual panic he might consider the move.

Think we must be getting another loan forward we don't know about. 

Hakim Ziyech? 

4 hours ago, midds said:

I find it impossible to believe that Howe and the powers above him would sanction a move for Wood out of the squad without already having someone in to replace him - that's just not on the agenda. They're exceptionally sharp people and losing a body (as limited as he may be) without replacing him is simply unimaginable. Wood out = someone much better in very very soon. 

If anyone remembers Dan Ashworth being sandwiched between Chappers, Heskey, and Shay recently, you'll remember him being quizzed by Shay, he wasn't giving much away, however his body language was saying otherwise, and he mentioned 25 man squad, similarly Howe has also done the same, talking about the squad at capacity, and for movement to take place players would leave, rather than us adding extra onto what we have. So like mentioned here, it is likely they want to bring a player or two in, so expect one or two out.

If Wood is moved out, I'd say its extremely likely someone is inbound, and the league and cup status has probably helped ramp up the confidence to brave this window, again. 

20 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Can’t imagine we’ll sign someone to replace Wood who’ll expect to be our first-choice striker right away. 

Not a cat in hells chance, we've already upgraded Wood by singing Isak. Maxi/Almiron upgrade/addition would be the move. I can see us getting a young striker in at some point if Howe wants to start playing his former favourite 442 more often (like we moved to against Fulham). I think thats a few singings away from being possible though and even if he did want to move towards that being one of our formations we need players for other positions first. 

Edit: Forgetting Kuol but I think even with him we'd look to sign another young CF if we were looking to play 442 more, but probably with more experience than an 18 year former old A-Leaguer.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar