Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

With any of these I basically trust Howe's judgement more than my own or you lot (nee offence) - if Howe wants to bring Gordon, and we get him, cool. The stuff about him being a prick doesn't bother me, cos it's different when he's your own prick.

I didn't want Gordon but he's here now. So well done.

Welcome. 

I do think he's decent though has been underwhelming this season

People saying he's overvalued, we don't know how much we'd be paying for him, I'm sure it's something the recruitment team and Howe are looking at 

And ultimately I'd trust Howe on this one, if he thinks he can turn him into a top player then I'm confident he will 

Newcastle United would be the making of Anthony Gordon.

I saw it in the Merseyside derby last year, despite it being a draw, I saw him skin & shithouse his way right under Liverpool's skin.

It made me smile.

He's a terrier.

He never shuts up and he never stops.

Not until recently.

It's testament to Everton & Frank Lampard's incompetence that they've failed to direct his latent potential.

Channelled in the right direction, under a smart & tactful manager (know anyone who fits that bill eh?!), he'd be vicious little weapon.

Our weapon.

He's 21. He has pace coming out his massive ears. A venomous tongue that would make a mamba blush. He's talented. And he has drive.

A prophetic vision or perhaps a wild, miserable failure of a prediction it may be...

But there's something about this lad that I see flourishing into a great player under us.

Whatever transpires - And nothing may come of it, I don't think anyone should be so quick to write him off because the genius that is Farhad Moshiri and Frank Lampard have failed to bring his promise to bloom.

A lucky escape from a sinking ship for him?

A lucky cut price deal for a young, homegrown, potential gem for us, while other previous potential suitors have moved on?

Lucky me, lucky you?

Maybe.

🧐

2 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Newcastle United would be the making of Anthony Gordon.

I saw it in the Merseyside derby last year, despite it being a draw, I saw him skin & shithouse his way right under Liverpool's skin.

It made me smile.

He's a terrier.

He never shuts up and he never stops.

Not until recently.

It's testament to Everton & Frank Lampard's incompetence that they've failed to direct his latent potential.

Channelled in the right direction, under a smart & tactful manager (know anyone who fits that bill eh?!), he'd be vicious little weapon.

Our weapon.

He's 21. He has pace coming out his massive ears. A venomous tongue that would make a mamba blush. He's talented. And he has drive.

A prophetic vision or perhaps a wild, miserable failure of a prediction it may be...

But there's something about this lad that I see flourishing into a great player under us.

Whatever transpires - And nothing may come of it, I don't think anyone should be so quick to write him off because the genius that is Farhad Moshiri and Frank Lampard have failed to bring his promise to bloom.

A lucky escape from a sinking ship for him?

A lucky cut price deal for a young, homegrown, potential gem for us, while other previous potential suitors have moved on?

Lucky me, lucky you?

Maybe.

🧐

What was that shit? 

Just now, BeloEmre said:

In Howe’s eyes he clearly is (if the rumours are true).

Not going to lie, despite Almirons form this season, having Gordon and Almiron as our wingers is a pretty depressing thought for a side looking to really challenge.

18 minutes ago, Andy said:

Think Howe could turn Gordon into a good player personally. He has something, but is never going to look a player in that Everton team under Lampard. It's like judging the likes of Miggy under Bruce. 

Pretty much agree with this, he’s 21 and already a first team regular. I think there is definitely a player there. He’s having to be the talisman for a side in constant chaos at that age. 

Better coaching and getting away from that toxic mess could be just the tonic for him. 

Im a bit worried that Everton will still want ridiculous money. 

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

I guess Almiron’s stats would look just the same under Bruce. Playing in a crap Everton team under a useless manager are not making it easy. They are clearly looking at the potensial.

Also going off what my Everton mate is saying, said he'd drive him up here tomorrow and that Gray and Onana are the only two players with any credit in the bank from this season for them atm. Should be avoiding Everton players like the plague.

Obviously if Howe wants him then I have to trust him, he's done more than earn that. But going from talk of Maddison, Diaby, Trossard et al to Anthony Gordon is incredibly underwhelming.

You'd want a Maddison type player for £50m really. Especially when looking for someone to impact the remainder of the season. 

Gordon could be shaped into a decent player but he's horribly out of form and is extremely raw at his best. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

You'd want a Maddison type player for £50m really. Especially when looking for someone to impact the remainder of the season. 

Gordon could be shaped into a decent player but he's horribly out of form and is extremely raw at his best. 

Hasn’t he been dropped by Everton ?