Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wondering more about where our Wood replacement is tbh. I had thought it would be a case of following up with someone incoming straight away 

Howe alluded to the fact it wasn’t in the plan to let him go at all and they weren’t expecting an offer. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe alluded to the fact it wasn’t in the plan to let him go at all and they weren’t expecting an offer. 

Yep. I think if the figures are to be believed they’ve jumped at the chance to get the deal done.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, very hard to know when to know Howe's being honest or playing a game/being coy though.

If the figures are true (15 million) I tend to think he’s telling the truth as no one would have believed that offer was coming.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If the figures are true (15 million) I tend to think he’s telling the truth as no one would have believed that offer was coming.

Club didn’t need to sell, Howie didn’t want to loose him, Chris didn’t really want to go. 

I’m thinking something seems a miss

Edited by Hudson

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep. I think if the figures are to be believed they’ve jumped at the chance to get the deal done.

Yep, he was only going to get 5 or 10 mins at best if Isak and Wilson are both fit.  I think we'll se a someone like Thuram and a midfielder despite what Eddie said about "a player"

Edited by relámpago blanco

17 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Club didn’t need to sell, Howie didn’t want to loose him, Chris didn’t really want to go. 

Club didn’t necessarily NEED to, but the offer was clearly better than we would turn down for an £80kpw, 31 year old who doesn’t play much (and scores even less), and who only had 12/18 months left on his contract. It’s all about selling in order to build, and we will have to sell players again in the future, like EVERY other club does. Ashworth has even stated as such. 

imo the talk of "replacing wood" is bullshit, we basically need someone to do what Odegaard does for Arsenal that high up the pitch - now whether that's Bruno and someone taking the 6 spot or bringing in a Maddison or whatever, that's what's needed imo

howe's got options up front and wide sitting on the bench and without using them we're actually creating from the channels, the problem is we've no threat through the middle anymore; fix that and it opens the channels back up as well

36 minutes ago, Hudson said:

A surprise big money offer. Howe said as much himself it was a financial decision as the deal was a very good one for the club. Even the timing probably came 10 days early you’d think as if anyone was going to put a high bid in for him it would be a desperate final hour deal.

We’ve 10 days to replace him so time on our side at least.

15 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

imo the talk of "replacing wood" is bullshit, we basically need someone to do what Odegaard does for Arsenal that high up the pitch - now whether that's Bruno and someone taking the 6 spot or bringing in a Maddison or whatever, that's what's needed imo

howe's got options up front and wide sitting on the bench and without using them we're actually creating from the channels, the problem is we've no threat through the middle anymore; fix that and it opens the channels back up as well

Howe literally said in the press conference when Wood was leaving that we need a replacement otherwise we'll be dangerously short up front :lol:

26 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

He said "alternative" to be fair

He says a forward.

About 14 mins in. Later he says Joelinton and ASM can play there as an alternative but it's not ideal so we need to bring someone in. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Selling Wood probably was a bit unexpected and out of the blue mind. But then again who thought any fucker would slap down £15m for him? You can't turn that down, you might never get the chance of that return ever again and it was right to move him on even if we didn't manage to get a replacement in first. It's the ultimate gift horse and I'm pleased it happened. 100% certain he'll be replaced by a much much better player either this window or next. 

19 minutes ago, midds said:

But then again who thought any fucker would slap down £15m for him? 

I'd be surprised if the conditions for the obligation to buy was met. It has to be an unrealistic goal Forest were confident wouldn't be met, surely? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Survival and a % of games played. The club wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t a likely deal to happen.

Survival isn't involved apparently.

More likely appearance/availability related.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Are we in for a fun remaining 9 days of the transfer window or is it a wash?

Think we're in for a frustrating six and then an interesting three at the end.

3 hours ago, Emotic said:

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2023/01/22/using-data-to-find-newcastles-new-winger-five-exciting-options-for-eddie-howe/

A decent bit of research. Kudus’s stats are amazing, but that Tete from Shaktar and now on loan to Lyon looks like a canny under-the-radar pickup if we like another Brazilian.

Kudus as AM or winger? Marcus Edwards looks really good too although he's a bit short and seems to like the right side.