Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I like the idea of signing a decent winger on a loan deal rather than spending upwards of 30 million on a decent winger. Not sure what the issue is with that ?

Because I assume you’re basing “decent” on his pre-Chelsea days?

10 hours ago, duo said:

We need another CB - when Schar went down and Lascelles was warming up :scared:

According to some on here, we'd have to buy someone better than Schär or Botman then, because you don't buy players to be on the bench.

Just now, Stal said:

What about that Connor Gallagher bloke from chelsea? Were we actually linked somewhere? If so, all of that went quiet. Would he be a good get for us?

If he is to move it’ll be after Chelsea sign a central midfielder or two, he’s been starting recently due to their injuries.

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Because I assume you’re basing “decent” on his pre-Chelsea days?

He’s still looked and played better for Chelsea than Gordon has for Everton, what ill saying is that a loan deal for Ziyech is much less risky than big money for Gordon. Gets us to the summer where we can revaluate our options based on where we finish. 

No way are any of the "Top 6" loaning us any players this season or ever again for that matter. We'd have to buy Ziyech or Gallagher if we want them and I'd not want to take Ziyech for the money they'd ask, Gallagher would be tempting though.

38 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d certainly take this deal :

With all of the complaining about Gordon I find it quite unbelievable that quite a few people want Ziyech.

The guy is either always injured or performing poorly. He also has no upside as he's what, 29 years old?!

I don't understand what people see in this guy. I think people are just drawn to popular names they've heard often enough. It's very very strange.

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

With all of the complaining about Gordon I find it quite unbelievable that quite a few people want Ziyech.

The guy is either always injured or performing poorly. He also has no upside as he's what, 29 years old?!

I don't understand what people see in this guy. I think people are just drawn to popular names they've heard often enough. It's very very strange.

Again it’s because a loan deal for him is less of a risk than big money on Gordon.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Again it’s because a loan deal for him is less of a risk than big money on Gordon.

Less of a risk to loan an often injured player that is poor and is unlikely to contribute anything of note ... so what is the point exactly?

At the very least, Gordon is a far better and more dynamic athlete, who presses far better and with more intensity, and who has a ton of room to grow under Howe, with youth on his side.

I disagree completely!

Just now, KaKa said:

Less of a risk to loan an often injured player that is poor and is unlikely to contribute anything of note ... so what is the point exactly?

At the very least, Gordon is a far better and more dynamic athlete, who presses far better and with more intensity, and who has a ton of room to grow under Howe, with youth on his side.

I disagree completely!

I mean Ziyech played a full World Cup and has been involved in all the Chelsea squads since his return, he’s also got proven ability. Surely a loan deal till the summer then we reassess targets depending on where we finish is a sensible play?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I mean Ziyech played a full World Cup and has been involved in all the Chelsea squads since his return, he’s also got proven ability. Surely a loan deal till the summer then we reassess targets depending on where we finish is a sensible play?

I don't see it with him I'm afraid.

At the World Cup, the stand outs for Morocco where Ounahi and Amrabat.

He's mostly played for Chelsea recently due to injuries and he hasn't really done anything, even in a team with a fair amount of quality in it.

We'd be lucky if he stayed fit playing with the intensity we do, and even if he did I'm just not sure he contributes much at all.

30 minutes ago, Stal said:

What about that Connor Gallagher bloke from chelsea? Were we actually linked somewhere? If so, all of that went quiet. Would he be a good get for us?

He would be phenomenal. Trust me on this one. Don’t think he’s interested though. That is one of the few negatives in my increasing balanced Keegan-Howe tally chart. Keegan was a name and so charismatic I’d back him to ‘do a Rob Lee’ and talk just about anybody into coming.