Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Overall in the squad - say Gordon comes in - what do we need to make us competitive if we do reach Europe next season?

As additional squad players after our first XI we have (that most likely will be here next season)

Isak

ASM

Gordon 

Krafth 

Karius/Darlow 

Murphy

Targett

Anderson?

That’s a squad of 17/18 - we need 23 imo

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Overall in the squad - say Gordon comes in - what do we need to make us competitive if we do reach Europe next season?

As additional squad players after our first XI we have (that most likely will be here next season)

Isak

ASM

Gordon 

Krafth 

Karius/Darlow 

Murphy

Targett

Anderson?

That’s a squad of 17/18 - we need 23 imo

Isak and Gordon will be in the starting 11 imo

Aside from ASM, the rest of that lot need to be moved on.

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Isak and Gordon will be in the starting 11 imo

Aside from ASM, the rest of that lot need to be moved on.

Sorry what I meant was our XI as stated vs Soton plus who is left - goes without saying Isak is our future 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

The party line seems to be that could well be that for this transfer window.

Whether that's educated guesswork or a club briefing, who knows.  Either way I wouldn't be shocked if we were active on deadline day.

What’s different about your statement there to that for which you criticise Edwards? 

Very much meant as a genuine question - I rate your posts and value the insight you provide.

What’s the point in us holding up on the Ashby deal. If we rate him, he’s out of contract in the summer, if he wants to come just pay the money they want it’s not going to be anymore than a million or 2. So if he’s going to be the back up get him in now hardly going to make a massive dent by paying a million now to get him for free in the summer. Quicker Eddie gets a hold of him the better.

Just now, ToonScotman said:

What’s the point in us holding up on the Ashby deal. If we rate him, he’s out of contract in the summer, if he wants to come just pay the money they want it’s not going to be anymore than a million or 2. So if he’s going to be the back up get him in now hardly going to make a massive dent by paying a million now to get him for free in the summer. Quicker Eddie gets a hold of him the better.

Because if it goes to tribunal it’s thought the fee will be peanuts. All goes in the kitty would be the argument and reasoning.

Is there not some debate on whether to take any fee to a tribunal, where NUFC believe they will have to pay less?

I think that is where the hold up is. If we decided to go for Ashby now, we don't want our pants pulled down over a fee, when we could get him for pennies in the summer.

The club are clearly conscious of having a strong British element to our squad.

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

what’s the obsession with this kid? Is he even getting games at Wet Sham.

No and that’s why he doesn’t want to stay there. West Ham fans rate him from what I’ve read and feel he should be playing more. 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye, West Hams youth players are kicking off that Moyes isn't giving them a chance. It's got so bad that one lad went to Sunderland.[emoji38]

:lol: :lol: 

Being shite and skint has worked out for the unwashed here.