Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

18 minutes ago, STM said:

Is there not some debate on whether to take any fee to a tribunal, where NUFC believe they will have to pay less?

I think that is where the hold up is. If we decided to go for Ashby now, we don't want our pants pulled down over a fee, when we could get him for pennies in the summer.

The club are clearly conscious of having a strong British element to our squad.

Difference is though 1/2 million is peanuts to us nowadays. It’s not like it’s 10 or even 5 million they want. For the sake of trippier perhaps getting injured just get the deal done.

20 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

What’s different about your statement there to that for which you criticise Edwards? 

Very much meant as a genuine question - I rate your posts and value the insight you provide.

I said exactly the same about Edwards on the previous page (I think it was). It sounds like educated guesswork to me, but when a few of the same locals start to say the same it starts to sound like a brief.

I'm pretty open that I don't like Edwards, but judging his work objectively, he's no different to most others in that he gets the odd exclusive (Wood) but is mostly wide of the mark (budgets, Holding, Phillips, Perraud, Elneny, Harrison, Nketiah, etc). He's not terrible, he's just not particularly good either. It's when he starts getting all pompous and condescending that I find him irritating. 

6 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Difference is though 1/2 million is peanuts to us nowadays. It’s not like it’s 10 or even 5 million they want. For the sake of trippier perhaps getting injured just get the deal done.

Krafth is nearly back, manquillo is fine as back up. While he is one for the future I'm not convinced ashby is better than either right now.

A DM or 3rd striker is more important this window imo. No problems bringing him in now if we get one of those as well. Happier to wait until the summer when he is cheaper if he is going to have to be our sole focus for the rest of the window.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

If this is our strategy it pretty much rules out Maddison, obviously not being a 6. Add Gordon taking up the AM space and a Maddison type singing tumbles down the list of what we get in next. Would be my personal choice as well, tbh. Bruno can be a much better Maddison as much as I think Maddison is mint. Get a Partey type ball winner/move starter deeper where Bruno does a lot of work early doors, and allow Bruno to receive higher up rather than be the one to win it deep, start the move, then get up and on the end of the next pass or two. 

38 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Krafth is nearly back, manquillo is fine as back up. While he is one for the future I'm not convinced ashby is better than either right now.

Really? Hadn’t seen that.  Maybe I lack the mad Google skills. Don’t see anything recent. Swedish media?

Guest reefatoon

Hope we announce we are done before the Tuesday, so we can solely concentrate on the semi final second leg. Don’t want transfer shite getting in the way of that amazing day.

36 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Really? Hadn’t seen that.  Maybe I lack the mad Google skills. Don’t see anything recent. Swedish media?

Could have sworn I saw something about him being ahead of schedule and not far off returning to running/isolated basic training around Christmas about the same time Isak was returning. Must be a figment of my imagination. Can't find anything either. Probably makes sense to bring Ashby in now in that case.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Hope we announce we are done before the Tuesday, so we can solely concentrate on the semi final second leg. Don’t want transfer shite getting in the way of that amazing day.

Even a Maddison  type of signing distraction? 

Newcastle target James Maddison received 'concrete offer' with 11th-hour move on the cards

:tobey:

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

A DM or 3rd striker is more important this window imo. No problems bringing him in now if we get one of those as well. Happier to wait until the summer when he is cheaper if he is going to have to be our sole focus for the rest of the window.

"manquillo is fine as back up"

Smoking-Cocaine.jpg

1 hour ago, ToonScotman said:

Moises caicedo wants to leave Brighton. I say fuck it offer 70 million deal done.

Caicedo now with Ashby. Maddison in the summer. Lovely. 

Another striker, upgrade LB and Schar upgrade and jobs a goodun.

At least until the summer after 😀