Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

25 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

the 40m makes sense if this deal is part of it, albeit separately. So they may pay a higher amount for Fraser and it’s effectively a swap deal plus cash

Surely Fraser has to be worth at least 20M back up winger at a top 4 side, they usually go for a lot more tbh

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Surely Fraser has to be worth at least 20M back up winger at a top 4 side, they usually go for a lot more tbh

I think he’ll be more like 12m, just to get him off the books

Gordon for Fraser is actually a smart upgrade in that context, as both are industrious hard working fast wingers. One on the way down and one on the way up

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'd be shocked if we got £12m for Fraser, think it will be closer to £5m

Not just you I must state but can’t get my head round the negativity towards Fraser with regards to getting a fee. We’ve just  done a deal for Chris Wood for a potential £15m after loan fee 🙂

Edited by LFEE

Just now, LFEE said:

Not just you I must state but can’t get my head round the negativity towards Fraser with regards to getting a fee. We’ve just  done a deal for Chris Wood for a potential £15m after loan fee 🙂

I just don't see what sort of bargaining position we have with the likes of Fraser, as he wants to go and we want him to leave. 

File alongside all the other low-risk squad-padding gambles from the Ashley era, where we've had to all but give them away once surplus. Remember just terminating Ki's contract a few years back. :lol:

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What fee are you expecting?

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I just don't see what sort of bargaining position we have with the likes of Fraser, as he wants to go and we want him to leave. 

File alongside all the other low-risk squad-padding gambles from the Ashley era, where we've had to all but give them away once surplus. Remember just terminating Ki's contract a few years back. :lol:

He’s under contract still and unlike what you think he’s far from being ready for the glue house 🙂 He’s a current international footballer and perfectly adequate for bottom half EPL team scrapping to get out of trouble.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What fee are you expecting?

Don’t see why we can’t get £8-12m.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Plus, one thing you can say for Wood is he has an impeccable fitness record. Like it or not, he made 30+ appearances for a top 4 team. Can't say that for Fraser unfortunately, even though he played his part when available last season.

Fraser could have done much more or even stay here if we could offload Ritchie much earlier. Both of them are kinda offering very similar stuff on and off the pitch, and personally I rate Fraser higher than Ritchie.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Plus, one thing you can say for Wood is he has an impeccable fitness record. Like it or not, he made 30+ appearances for a top 4 team. Can't say that for Fraser unfortunately, even though he played his part when available last season.

He’s been fit more this season than what his selections reflect. Think it’s been fairly clear he’s been allowed this window to explore his options so they’ve not selected him.

Anyway we’ll know come Tuesday night.

Nobody is paying a tangible fee for Fraser at his stage of his career, with his wages and with his injury record over the last couple of years.

Don't forget he was a free transfer when we got him. His wages will therefore be above his ability level. Getting a club to effectively pay enough to buy him out of the rest of his contract would probably represent a success.

Aye, any PL club signing Fraser is taking a chance on a player who's barely kicked a ball for months. I'd even argue he'd struggle to get into another PL starting XI tbh. So the prospect of even a decent fee is out of the window. If Championship teams are looking at him then we're probably going to have to subsidise his wages quite a bit as there's not much money thrown around these days