Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think his reporting on our signings, especially those from abroad has been abject. He had no idea what was going on. I couldn’t really care less either way, I’m sure he does have some links to knowing what’s going on so I’m not going to discount everything he writes but his hit rate is very low. It doesn’t help that he’s a WUM and is desperate for attention 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Apart from Henry Mauriss ?

There was a number of journalists who reported a number of buyers. No different to the others in my eyes as far as hit n miss accuracy. That’s the nature of their job. Not a single journalist will ever be any different and if you think there will be one you are in for a very long wait and much disappointment 🙂

Just now, LFEE said:

There was a number of journalists who reported a number of buyers. No different to the others in my eyes as far as hit n miss accuracy. That’s the nature of their job. Not a single journalist will ever be any different and if you think there will be one you are in for a very long wait and much disappointment 🙂

He literally said the takeover was dead and that an American with no money was going to buy us. 

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Well, if you’re a functioning adult who can deal with nuance then you can dislike something a person has said or done but still concede to reality when they’ve said something completely accurate or fair on a different matter. I don’t think his reporting is generally inaccurate, for what it’s worth. The Bruce relationship and fan-goading were shit, yes; doesn’t mean you need to maintain an agenda. It’s amazing but people who do something you don’t like can also do something you’re ok with…

I understand what you're saying, judge the work on its own merit even if you dislike the artist and all that. I think most on here are nuanced enough to do that. 

Regarding his work, he's very scatter-gun with far more misses than hits. There's plenty of other journos out there the same, he just gets extra stick because of said agenda.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He only winds up the idiot element of the fan base. He’s never wound me up. As for his reporting he’s been as accurate as any of the others 🤷‍♂️ 

But you can't poke a beehive, then complain when you get stung, which he regularly does.

He's a rumour merchant. There's plenty about, but he gets extra abuse because he goes out looking for it and he's generally a bit of a melt. 

Anyway, back to the rumours.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

:lol: Patronising much?

Wasn’t directing it at anyone in particular and for fairness I’ll change idiotic element to goading/reactionary element. I certainly wasn’t in the camp that he was winding up regardless of description.

Maybe you do fall into the category that struggles with nuance of his Tweets etc and gets wound up for no reason than not being able to dissect them fully. Maybe you don’t. Everyone’s nature is different 🤷‍♂️ 

For balance when you read the actual article he practically rules out two of three players almost immediately leaving only Ziyech as a possible goer 🙂

Every time I’ve seen him for Chelsea he’s looked poor. Didn’t think he shone that much in the WC either if you actually analyse his individual performances away from the amazing team performances.

RLC seems to play in 2nd gear all the time and it’s been so long that maybe he just doesn’t have a 3rd never mind 4th gear. Never see any desire in the lad at any club.

CG I’ve already stated he’ll fight to stay put. Not a massive fan but the best fit of the three and someone EH could work his magic on as he’s definitely got hunger and desire. Possibly trying too hard at present for Chelsea and needs to settle down a bit and become less headless in his play. Admirable though as he’s clearly trying to spark a fire amongst his teammates who aren’t lifting a leg at times.

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

Gallagher is definitely a Howe player. Sign him up.

To me he looks completely frustrated at Chelsea and it’s showing in the way he plays - can’t blame him when he sees the volume of players they are signing - he isn’t going to get regular playing time - for his own development he needs to move 

27 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Gallagher looked good at Palace but has been absolutely shite this season for Chelsea .

I haven't seen a lot of Chelsea but when he came on against Fulham he was an instant improvement. I think he would do really well here. 

If and it is a big if, if Chelsea sold Gallagher I think it would be the thing that breaks Potter. He wants to work with good young players of his choice and just seems to be getting the flavour of the week players thrown at him for big money regardless of a plan. I don't think he would want to sell Gallagher but the owner might to get some money back it and I think it would destroy the relationship between manager and owner in Potters eyes.

50 minutes ago, LFEE said:

LFEE = Luke “fucking egghead” Edwards.

I’ve got you sussed sir.