Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 hours ago, Anderson said:

Wood out and someone who can play wide and provide cover centrally makes sense. Can’t see us letting him go atm without someone coming in.

Needs to be the aim, for sure. 

Don’t see the point in signing another CF when you look at what we paid for Isak in the summer and how good Wilson still is. Albeit injury prone. 

It would be a good way of getting more FRET on the pitch. But still playing the 4-3-3. Whilst also replacing Wood as another option as the main striker. 

Personally I think we won’t replace him if he leaves , we have 2 very good strikers but we need 3 , I agree if he goes we need a body in, however I’ve a feeling we don’t have anyone lined up till the summer .

Wilson won’t last forever 

10 minutes ago, GWN said:

Personally I think we won’t replace him if he leaves , we have 2 very good strikers but we need 3 , I agree if he goes we need a body in, however I’ve a feeling we don’t have anyone lined up till the summer .

Wilson won’t last forever 

Eddie has at least brought him on from the bench in nearly every match so far this season. I can't see Eddie agreeing to him leaving now if he's not confident that we have another forward lined up. 

Edited by Jackie Broon

It makes no sense at all to loan Wood out if we’re not getting a replacement in. Wilson will miss more games, Isak will start up top, where’s the option from the bench?

Not saying we need top top quality sitting on the bench but we can’t be asking ASM/ Murphy to come on and do a job there. I can’t believe Howe would think letting Wood go in those circumstances makes any sense at all. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

It makes no sense at all to loan Wood out if we’re not getting a replacement in. Wilson will miss more games, Isak will start up top, where’s the option from the bench?

Not saying we need top top quality sitting on the bench but we can’t be asking ASM/ Murphy to come on and do a job there. I can’t believe Howe would think letting Wood go in those circumstances makes any sense at all. 

Wilson is absolutely no good to us if we're worried about stuff like this. We went the second half of last season with Wood and no striker back up. We currently have Isak and Wilson both fit. If the concern is Wilson could break down at any point then giving him a new contract is a massive mistake.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Maddison see. JL goes CF in a pinch if both go down. Goals from everywhere.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe they see Joelinton as an adequate wood replacement.

Yes I'm taking the piss a bit but I think this is it. What does Wood give you up front that JL doesn't? Fuck all, in fact less in my opinion as JL physically more capable.

That's why I think it's a midfielder coming in.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe they see Joelinton as an adequate wood replacement.

Given that Wood's been given so many minutes, and even got a few minutes this week with both Wilson and Isak fit, surely losing Wood without bringing someone in would have to be seen as a weakening by Howe (even if it might not seem like it...).

Edited by Inferior Acuña

I feel like that shouldn't be an option... like, they saw Joelinton up front, right? 

I think he's a fantastic player in his current role(s), and no doubt his new found confidence and training would help him if he's asked to play up front, but I don't think anyone should be looking to play him as a lone centre forward for any amount of time.

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Given that Wood even got a few minutes this week with both Wilson and Isak fit, surely losing Wood without bringing someone in would have to be seen as a weakening by Howe (even if it might not seem like it...).

We’re not, not bringing somebody in! :indi:I wonder who it could be! 

Joelinton as an option up front is fine but I'd still suggest we were spread too thin in the wide areas in that scenario.

I'd be more than happy as Joelinton 3rd choice CF, provided we bulked up in other areas.