Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'm hoping this is bollocks.  NE journos were nowhere near the Wood news and have been feeding off scraps all window, it seems.  

Doesn't make sense to use Shelvey as a stop gap until the end of the season.  To just then end up lumbered with him for another year on big wages.  

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I'm hoping this is bollocks.  NE journos were nowhere near the Wood news and have been feeding off scraps all window, it seems.  

Doesn't make sense to use Shelvey as a stop gap until the end of the season.  To just then end up lumbered with him for another year on big wages.  

“From what I understand” = “from what I just pulled out of my arse” they know nothing, and it’s fucking lovely! 

13 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

The contract extension thing isn’t necessarily mandatory if both parties don’t want it to be though.

If Howe was to say to him at the end of the season, “thanks but you’ll probably not play much next season”, he might think he’s better off going somewhere else on a free, which would probably mean he could still command decent wages, than hanging about here not playing.

Alternatively, Howe might want to keep him?

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

The contract extension thing isn’t necessarily mandatory if both parties don’t want it to be though.

If Howe was to say to him at the end of the season, “thanks but you’ll probably not play much next season”, he might think he’s better off going somewhere else on a free, which would probably mean he could still command decent wages, than hanging about here not playing.

Alternatively, Howe might want to keep him?

I know, I know.  In Howe we trust.  But that last bit would be a worry.  Is this the third time he's been injured for a good while under in the last year or so?  I don't think he's mobile or athletic enough to play the holding role and he's supposedly on £80k a week.  Surely that could be put to better use if we really are tucked up on wages to turnover for FFP.  

I'd like to think we'll be looking to get proper competition in the midfield and looking for an upgrade on the likes of Longstaff in the first XI and Shelvey in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

Just waiting for Marcus Thuram, Martin Terrier or Jonathan David to be signed and sealed totally out of the blue now.:naughty:

Thuram really does fit all the boxes imo - just makes too much sense 

might aswell sign his brother too 

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think Thuram (Marcus) has already said he'd only go to Inter or Bayern(?) if he were to move in January. 

Dont think there is a quote from himself, just media people saying it.

11 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think Thuram (Marcus) has already said he'd only go to Inter or Bayern(?) if he were to move in January. 

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont think there is a quote from himself, just media people saying it.

Just from Bild:

“BILD learned two clear wishes from those around him: A winter transfer is now only conceivable if it really is one of the four dream clubs where the Frenchman sees himself in the long term: Inter Milan, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Paris St Germain. On the other hand, clubs like Newcastle United and Aston Villa, which are also very interested, can save their offers.”

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/borussia-moenchengladbach/wende-verzichtet-borussia-moenchengladbach-auf-die-thuram-millionen-82399840.bild.html

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Just from Bild:

“BILD learned two clear wishes from those around him: A winter transfer is now only conceivable if it really is one of the four dream clubs where the Frenchman sees himself in the long term: Inter Milan, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Paris St Germain. On the other hand, clubs like Newcastle United and Aston Villa, which are also very interested, can save their offers.”

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/borussia-moenchengladbach/wende-verzichtet-borussia-moenchengladbach-auf-die-thuram-millionen-82399840.bild.html

The truth then. It may be, but things change fast. There are also papers who says we have watched him a lot lately.

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Just from Bild:

Is he saying if it was a winter move specifically he'd only go to one of those four? Or is he saying I'm good enough for those 4 clubs and their all I want, otherwise monchengladbach for life! 

Edited by BonesJones

9 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

The truth then. It may be, but things change fast. There are also papers who says we have watched him a lot lately.

Papers have linked him to Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Barca, amongst several others, and most often to Chelsea in the last few days (strangely).

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Papers have linked him to Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Barca, amongst several others, and most often to Chelsea in the last few days (strangely).

Im sure many are after him becuase of his contract situasion, but nobody knows if he has turned us down. Bailey also said he was a main target right after the WC. Its not the end of the world if we miss out, but he would be useful.

Thought this was a good read, it sucks sweaty donkey balls that we are we scrabbling around trying to appease FFP when Chelsea spunk massive amounts on new players without being affected somehow. I mea, I'm happy that we're doing it properly but it doesn't change the fact that the rules seem a load of old wank.

Link

3 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Thought this was a good read, it sucks sweaty donkey balls that we are we scrabbling around trying to appease FFP when Chelsea spunk massive amounts on new players without being affected somehow. I mea, I'm happy that we're doing it properly but it doesn't change the fact that the rules seem a load of old wank.

Link

Agreed. 

I think any club could ignore FFP if they wanted, almost dare the authorities to do something about it later. You could probably defeat it legally if you really wanted to. 

I think they way we’re behaving is as much about the people and the character of our owners and PIF. They want to look good in the eyes of Europe, they are deeply professional, they don’t want to be seen to be buying success too blatantly. 

We’re trying to keep prices down too of course. But I think we could probably spend a lot more, more quickly, if we really chose to. 

I don't think FFP prevents us from doing anything transfer fee wise.

What holds up our transfers are:

High Wages

If they are a cunt

If they are actually of sufficient quality

If they are value for money

If their clubs want to sell.

If we'd wanted to sign Moussa Diaby so desperately, we would have thrown 80m Leverkusens way and offered him 200k a week but that a quick way to tie a noose around your neck for the future and why do that when we've shown we can get Bruno and Botman for the same price.