Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If our business ended up being Ashby, Franca and Gordon, how would we feel?

I'd be pretty content with that.

I put the ones for the future to one side. In real terms for the rest of this season that would only be Gordon, and I'd be very unhappy with that.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It seems we are very much keeping our powder dry in terms of purples until the summer. I think those three would be good business.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Would be okay with that. Can’t imagine Ashby and Franca would significantly improve us (or indeed get many minutes) but having a bench with promising prospects makes sense. I’m still desperate to see us sign a classy centre-mid though.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not sure. We've a massive chance to qualify for the CL. 

Don't think it's enough. 

Edit: In fact I think I'd be very disappointed. We don't need backup. We need quality for the XI. 

Edited by The Butcher

It's the calibre of the signing that makes all the difference. Signing someone like Maddison and no-one else and I'd be convinced CL is in the bag. If we signed Gordon I'd still be wondering where the goals are going to come from, how we're going to breakdown teams who just sit and defend against us etc...

Considering the rumoured prices for Gordon and Maddison, I am very frustrated at us seemingly pushing the boat out for the vastly inferior player in this scenario.

I think if look to incrementally improve window on window, we'll be fine. 

Gordon most likely doesn't bring the same instant impact that Botman or Bruno does, but he's a youngster with a decent potential ceiling. He also stops us relying on Murphy or Fraser. 

Based on Ashworth's comments, we have long term targets in mind. It might just be that they aren't available or aren't available on our terms at this time.

Gordon is a long term target like, we’re not going to pay £50m for a ‘youngster with a decent potential ceiling’.

I think it’s likely he’s being massively underrated and we’re pretty confident we can turn him into one of the best forwards in the league.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

If Ziyech comes in he surely just replaces Almiron and I'm not sure he's much of an upgrade. Extremely left footed, good crosses and the occasional wonder goal but not much else.

Sounds like an improvement on Almiron tbh 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Gordon is a long term target like, we’re not going to pay £50m for a ‘youngster with a decent potential ceiling’.

I think it’s likely he’s being massively underrated and We’re pretty confident we can turn him into one of the best forwards in the league.

Agree he's a long term target, but your second comment kind of implies that he's a youngster with a decent potential ceiling. If we think we can turn him into one of the best forwards in the league, he's worth £50 million. Agree with your point basically. 

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think it’s likely he’s being massively underrated and we’re pretty confident we can turn him into one of the best forwards in the league.

Big Joe’s turnaround. That’s all I’m saying!  In Howe we trust! 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Agree he's a long term target, but your second comment kind of implies that he's a youngster with a decent potential ceiling. If we think we can turn him into one of the best forwards in the league, he's worth £50 million. Agree with your point basically. 

I felt a bit shit pulling you up tbh as I agree with you [emoji38]

It’s just semantics but I think it needs emphasising that if we’re going all out for him we should be very excited to see him. The club must view as pretty special.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I felt a bit shit pulling you up tbh as I agree with you [emoji38]

It’s just semantics but I think it needs emphasising that if we’re going all out for him we should be very excited to see him. The club must view as pretty special.

He’s been passed through Eddie’s stats algorithm calculator. Came out as a baller. Sign this kid already! 

17 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It's the calibre of the signing that makes all the difference. Signing someone like Maddison and no-one else and I'd be convinced CL is in the bag. If we signed Gordon I'd still be wondering where the goals are going to come from, how we're going to breakdown teams who just sit and defend against us etc...

Considering the rumoured prices for Gordon and Maddison, I am very frustrated at us seemingly pushing the boat out for the vastly inferior player in this scenario.

Aye.

With Maddison, ASM & Isak to come into the team. I would be confident that we have enough quality, in depth, to keep the challenge up *serious injuries permitting*.

With Gordon in... well i'm looking at ASM & Isak to be all the genuine quality we'll need.