Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

24 minutes ago, jack j said:

How come that Ashby hasn't had a look in at West ham? That coufal looks finished when I've seen him this season. Doesnt even look like he can get on the bench

The same reason Sunderland have just taken one of their youngsters, Moyes isn't giving them a chance.

image.png

We didn't have ASM and Isak for most of the first half of the season so those two with Gordon definitely gives us in a better options than what we've had so far. 

Still about short in terms of quality and depth than I would have liked giving the position we are in. A few players are starting to look noticeably leggy already. Got to hope we can avoid burnout and any more injuries. 

We need 3 bodies in, who are capable of producing in the XI. All 3 don't have to be starters, but we need better quality on the bench.

Our midfield and forwards look leggy. Right now, if we switch someone out, in comes Murphy, and Chris Wood in matches gone by.

That gap needs to close. I don't care if it's moving a Longstaff/Willock to the bench or having a similar standard player that can rotate. 

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Time is running out now if any Brazilians are to be bought in January. Had hoped that there would be a few more than just Kuol on the young and promising quota.

They won’t be travelling over by steam boat.

I like Gallagher, but at this point I don't think any club should be paying the actual value for any of their players. I'd bid around half of their values. So for Gallagher I'm bidding £15 million.

If they don't want to sell they can keep all those players on their books and figure out who they won't be registering and then deal with all that palaver.

I was complaining about Gordon to a Man City fan I work with, he reminded me that it doesn't really matter, he said if you guys go through the same transition we did, then you sign some players and they literally don't always stick, he mentioned we made some weird signings like Jo, Nastasic, Scott Sinclair, Weiss, many more, He was saying on the journey Newcastle fans will be going on, in the early stages, theres never any point getting attached to anyone, theres a core of key players, and then players bought into achieve a target, these players are here for all sorts of different reasons, and some will stay a few seasons, others could be around for one season, it doesn't matter.

He said, right now, for you, you're attached to this current crop of players because they're doing well, you're invested because you have already come a long way in a short space of time, however, this Newcastle side will be forever evolving now, he expects us to be going on a similar journey to City, and just reminds him of how City were unsure of the signings they made, obviously they made some great ones, major ones, but he was alluding to the early stages of Newcastle, and that Gordon won't even matter further down the line,

Ending with just enjoy the journey Newcastle are embarking on.

I think this made me less arsed about the signing if it goes ahead. 

Just now, KaKa said:

I like Gallagher, but at this point I don't think any club should be paying the actual value for any of their players. I'd bid around half of their values. So for Gallagher I'm bidding £15 million.

If they don't want to sell they can keep all those players on their books and figure out who they won't be registering and then deal with all that palaver.

Loan deal would suit us, can’t see them loaning anyone to us though.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I was complaining about Gordon to a Man City fan I work with, he reminded me that it doesn't really matter, he said if you guys go through the same transition we did, then you sign some players and they literally don't always stick, he mentioned we made some weird signings like Jo, Nastasic, Scott Sinclair, Weiss, many more, He was saying on the journey Newcastle fans will be going on, in the early stages, theres never any point getting attached to anyone, theres a core of key players, and then players bought into achieve a target, these players are here for all sorts of different reasons, and some will stay a few seasons, others could be around for one season, it doesn't matter.

He said, right now, for you, you're attached to this current crop of players because they're doing well, you're invested because you have already come a long way in a short space of time, however, this Newcastle side will be forever evolving now, he expects us to be going on a similar journey to City, and just reminds him of how City were unsure of the signings they made, obviously they made some great ones, major ones, but he was alluding to the early stages of Newcastle, and that Gordon won't even matter further down the line,

Ending with just enjoy the journey Newcastle are embarking on.

I think this made me less arsed about the signing if it goes ahead. 

And then FFP came in and meant that clubs couldn’t just buy for inflated prices and sell for losses like Man City did. Clubs now have to be very precise and less scattergun so as to comply with the financial regulations. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Loan deal would suit us, can’t see them loaning anyone to us though.

Still kind of does them a favour though. 

If he comes in and shines then they'll get more money for him next summer.

No one should be doing them any favours right now with all of the stockpiling of players they're doing.

Let them start making them available for cheap then do business with them.

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Did someone say buying English players is better for FFP 

No, selling homegrown players is what's excellent for FFP. Chelsea selling Conor Gallagher would be pure FFP profit, as they developed him. So if they sold him for 40m, all of that goes back into the accounts as profit - there's no other transfer fee amortized to deal with.

FFP allows teams to amortize - or stretch out - the transfer fee over the life of the signed contract, which is why Chelsea are signing players to 7 and 8 year contracts. 80m for Mudryk divided by 8 years equals 10m per year of FFP cost. But selling Gallagher gives them an immediate 40m credit. So it's almost a cheat code allowing them to sign multiple expensive players and not have it cost against them on the FFP books, at least not this season or next.

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Of all the Chelsea rejects, Pulisic would make the most sense. I don’t see where Gallagher would play?

You wouldn't pick Gallagher ahead of Longstaff? Or Willock?

7 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Of all the Chelsea rejects, Pulisic would make the most sense. I don’t see where Gallagher would play?

He’s out for a while so rules him out. As others have said can’t see Chelsea loaning us anyone.