Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Get Gallagher, Bruno’s role stays as is. Get Berge, Alvarez, or similar and he pushes forward into more classical 8 role (his preferred role apparently). Any preferences from us lot? 

Push Bruno forward for me. Get him amongst the goals again 

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Get Gallagher, Bruno’s role stays as is. Get Berge, Alvarez, or similar and he pushes forward into more classical 8 role (his preferred role apparently). Any preferences from us lot? 

Think it was mentioned that Eddie wants a replacement in

midfield so that Bruno can play his preferred role! 

20 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I'd prefer Bruno to stay deep. Gives us an edge over the opposition to have a DM who can pop up with goals and assists. It's a much bigger point of difference against say Man City (Rodri), Manure (Fred), Arsenal (Xhaka) whose DMs you know are unlikely to directly harm you.

Plus, to have Bruno at 8, you've got to have a DM who he [Bruno] is fully confident will be press resistant and able to play good progressive passes, otherwise Bruno will have no confidence to advance ahead of the ball as if we lose it he's out of position. 

Edited by greydos

Bruno is so good at 6, obviously comes up less with the goal/assists but he’s untouchable as far as being a press resistant efficient passer goes. To replace his quality and attributes in that position won’t be easy and it might be likely we turn to a more of an out and out DM if Howe really does want to push him forward back into that 8 role.. I’d quite happily have him stay where he is though. 

Edited by Nine

Just now, reefatoon said:

Bruno gets man of the match every week, just don’t understand the clamour to move him [emoji38]

I think it’s more to do with the general dissatisfaction around Longstaff (and to a lesser extent Willock) than it is to do with Bruno’s individual displays. If we had more creative, but equally hard-working players in the wider CM roles then it wouldn’t be mentioned at all.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think it’s more to do with the general dissatisfaction around Longstaff (and to a lesser extent Willock) than it is to do with Bruno’s individual displays. If we had more creative, but equally hard-working players in the wider CM roles then it wouldn’t be mentioned at all.

For me Bruno has to be the central of the three midfielders. Everything goes through him, he has to be that player for us as he is so comfortable on the ball. We don’t even play with an 8 anyway, so moving him would put him either side of the central player. Would not move him out of that position at all, he’s fucking amazing at it.

Edited by reefatoon

For me Bruno has to be the central of the three midfielders. Everything goes through him, he has to be that player for us as he is so comfortable on the ball. We don’t even play with an 8 anyway, so moving him would put him either side of the central player. Would not move him out of that position at all, he’s fu King amazing at it.

Can’t find the quote but Eddie wants to play him more advanced. 

For me Bruno has to be the central of the three midfielders. Everything goes through him, he has to be that player for us as he is so comfortable on the ball. We don’t even play with an 8 anyway, so moving him would put him either side of the central player. Would not move him out of that position at all, he’s fu King amazing at it.

unless you sign a Rodri type of midfielder then you can’t move Bruno - plus having Big Joe to the left of him (eventually) covers a lot of defensive space for Bruno 

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Bruno gets man of the match every week, just don’t understand the clamour to move him [emoji38]

He was getting motm and goals when he was playing further forward 

12 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Well Bruno himself says he prefers to play in the number 8 position, so there's that.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, LV said:

He was getting motm and goals when he was playing further forward 

Just looked through last season and he scored against Southampton and home to Leicester when Shelvey played. His other goals (Norwich and Arsenal) and his goals this season have all came from his central role now. So there was no real difference.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

He was talking about being the more advanced in a double pivot iirc. It was an old interview playing for a side with a different system, he might like the role he’s in now given how involved he’s allowed to be.

That’s the thing, we don’t play that style, so I am sure he prefers to be in the middle where he always has the ball.

Just looked through last season and he scored against Southampton and home to Leicester when Shelvey played. His other goals (Norwich and Arsenal) and his goals this season have all came from his central role now. So there was no real difference.

The Southampton goal had nowt to do with his on-field position, either.

He’s only trailing Trippier and Schär for passes/touches per game this season. As we continue to evolve he’ll hopefully top the list, as there’s nobody else we’d want seeing so much of the ball.

He would struggle to be involved as much in one of the other roles in midfield, though I don’t doubt he’d score/assist more than the others do.

Still think him, Joelinton, and Willock is our current best trio but for next season I’d hope we could field someone significantly better than Willock. Whether that’s as a 10 with the other two moving to a double pivot, or just keeping the same shape.

Joelinton and Bruno in a two would be fucking dynamite. Pop Maddison in ahead of them and you’d better be ready to hit the lights.