Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

If Shelvey didnt have that year extension clause they wouldnt be letting him go you wouldnt think. 

I dunno, I get the impression he asked to go for the better contract and its good will towards Shelvey on our part to allow it. We were quite clearly ready to accept the extra year before he got injured and without this offer coming in we'd have been happy to keep him an extra 18 months. 

5 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So this time tomorrow night... Sign a new CM or a place in the League Cup Final?

The latter for me ! 

It doesn't have to be either or [emoji38]

I did think if we only signed one player this window. It would have been a CM. So it is a bit of a concern that we have let Shelvey go and might be struggling to get a replacement in. 

Agree with @NWMagthink the formation we finished with at Fulham might be used a bit. If needed to break teams down or because of injuries forcing our hand. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Selling Jorginho instead of Gallagher suggests it’s one or the other ?

Either one would be great as far as I'm concerned. I know Jorginho would be against the club's policy of looking at younger players, but he'd slot in very well.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I did think if we only signed one player this window. It would have been a CM. So it is a bit of a concern that we have let Shelvey go and might be struggling to get a replacement in. 

Me too. It was the only thing I had against us signing AG was if we only had the budget/wriggle room to make one big signing this window it was hopefully going to be a CM. Guess you can’t pick and choose when the players on your long term list become available.

26 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

If Shelvey didnt have that year extension clause they wouldnt be letting him go you wouldnt think. 

This is what it is for me - wood wanted to go and was always a necessary buy at the time. Shelvey has a contract extension going on so it’s not ideal short term but long term makes sense.

10 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Our lack of midfield cover plus Shelvey’s departure also prevents Elliot going out on loan, which is something his development path is screaming out for.

Howe has said quite unequivocally that Anderson wouldn’t be going anywhere this window, to be fair.

39 minutes ago, alexf said:

My concern is that, other than Bruno, there is no one at the club that can play the deepest of the 3 mids in our current formation. Longstaff has before but the only time he looks of any use is further forward in his new high press position he has done this year. Each time he played deep in the cups he looked awful I thought. 

So I was convinced a DM was going to be  number 1 priority this window.

The fact we are letting Shelvey go just before he returns from injury seems like we are tempting fate. 

I know the club have their policy it seems but I wouldn't mind a stop gap body just to boost the numbers through til the summer. A loan would be ideal if we could land someone half decent.

Jonjo would immediately re-injure himself.

People don't want to accept this but he's DONE. IT'S OVER.

We're incredibly lucky that Forest are thick enough to take him from us.

Honestly we've actually struck gold, we got rid of Wood and Shelvey and will probably sign a great CM tomorrow.

Even if we don't we've got two championship level players off the wage bill who were on really high wages.

Just now, Mountain said:

Jonjo would immediately re-injure himself.

People don't want to accept this but he's DONE. IT'S OVER.

We're incredibly lucky that Forest are thick enough to take him from us.

Honestly we've actually struck gold, we got rid of Wood and Shelvey and will probably sign a great CM tomorrow.

Even if we don't we've got two championship level players off the wage bill who were on really high wages.

I personally don’t think we’ll sign anyone tomorrow but totally agree we’ve done well to get rid of these two.

Who we get out is just as important as who we get in, the club obviously have targets and long term policies etc and I’m glad we’re being run sensibly with the bigger picture in mind.

Some of the idiotic comments on Twitter were mental.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hope we sign a midfielder or attacker tomorrow.  

2 in. 2 out. The 2 In being Gordon and  that West Ham lad.  I don’t love it. 

Well I definitely DO love it so far.

We've gotten rid of two wasters and signed a future top level star in Gordon, mark my words 40 million will be seen as a bargain in a years time, and a top prospect for cheap as chips 3mil Ashby.

17 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Our lack of midfield cover plus Shelvey’s departure also prevents Elliot going out on loan, which is something his development path is screaming out for.

Agree. Although I don't think a loan was on the cards regardless. Maybe if we had brought two extra midfielders in.

Whilst I totally understand everybody’s concerns about not getting a midfielder in, there’s 18 (please God 19 🤞) games left after tomorrow.

It would be a risk to go with what we’ve got midfield-wise, but it’s only 18/19 games. If nobody comes in tomorrow it’ll be addressed in the summer. Yes, given where we are in the table, there’s potential to be bitten on the arse and lose out on a good opportunity, but in the grand scheme of things, 18/19 games won’t alter the long term future of the club, which is only going one way.

Either one would be great as far as I'm concerned. I know Jorginho would be against the club's policy of looking at younger players, but he'd slot in very well.

I'm not sure if he's energetic enough now, but triple Brazilian would be pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I personally don’t think we’ll sign anyone tomorrow but totally agree we’ve done well to get rid of these two.

Who we get out is just as important as who we get in, the club obviously have targets and long term policies etc and I’m glad we’re being run sensibly with the bigger picture in mind.

Some of the idiotic comments on Twitter were mental.

I agree, well said.

But I do think we'll sign someone tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Doesn’t make an ounce of sense if Jorginho goes to Arsenal but we can’t get Gallagher 

Chelsea are 21 points behind Arsenal who also have a game in hand, they are not fighting for same spots in the table. Jorginho is also a player they don't mind giving to their rival due to his age. One could argue that they aren't realistically even competing against us this season but Chelsea have to keep some standards up.

We've lost two players that weren't or barely were cutting the mustard when in the first team. Shelvey was useful just to take some strain off the other midfield lads.

The two incoming, one likely will fit into the team and contribute more, the other has a clean slate plus the trust of the coaching/scouting team.  Gordon is a better option of switching with Miggy than Murphy, Ashby could offer respite at the back after Lewis and Lascelles were particularly lacklustre against Sheffield Wed (allow Burn to move inside instead e.g.)