Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is that true though? For example, Leicester in their title winning year barely changed the team all year. If we bring a loan in, surely they're there in case of emergency, rather than coming into the team on a regular basis?

Not in every case no. But very unlikely to keep the massive momentum up without players losing form or getting tired or injured or whatever. Personally I’d be happy with a loan so that we have at least better backup than now. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is that true though? For example, Leicester in their title winning year barely changed the team all year. If we bring a loan in, surely they're there in case of emergency, rather than coming into the team on a regular basis?

You’re not wrong but we are also one midfield injury away from not being able to have a CM option on the bench. We are only halfway through the season and with the intensity we play at it must become more likely to happen as get towards the final run of games.

With that being said I understand if no one comes in now, it’s late in the window and options will be limited.

Edited by Nine

I think I can understand why, but that’s a huge gamble. My guess is Dan is targeting Rice / Caicedo in the coming summer hence they don’t want to spend much money just for 6 months

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Some are, but I’m hoping you mean mostly on twitter because I haven’t seen many on here “demanding”, if anyone. 

It’s a sensible talking point, and there’s no reason to brush it under the carpet. However being extremely greedy and demanding is wrong. 

Yeah, Howe himself said we where light in midfield before Shelvey left so the club as well as us know it’s a risk to not replace him.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Leicester didn’t play the same style as we do though, they were sit back and counter, we are full throttle pressing.  That makes a massive difference and means we are less likely to get away with not freshening up the team.

I don’t think Howe was saying “we are light in midfield for absolutely no reason at all. This was before Shelvey left too, and he was on his way back. Letting shelvey go was the right thing imo. 

What you said Supertoon :lol:

Edited by Ikon

I imagine this window feels a little odd in that this season was always earmarked as a transition season. Probably always planned to shift deadwood in Jan, but never expected to be in a position where we'd have a CL push to sustain. I think Gordon was done because he was clearly a long term target who became available. Ashby (Frensda flirt aside) the same. I don't think they will do any sort of panic move today. If Gallagher is someone they genuinely want they will do it. I suspect they may instead keep their powder dry till the Summer then make a big push for Maddison. 

Just now, Ikon said:

Not in every case no. But very unlikely to keep the massive momentum up without players losing form or getting tired or injured or whatever. Personally I’d be happy with a loan so that we have better backup than now. 

Yeah, I'd definitely feel more comfortable with an extra option in there. There's so many games to go and so many factors could derail us, it'd be nice to minimise the risk of injury being one of those.

It'll be interesting to see how the club approach the summer if we qualify for Europe, as we'll probably need another two in that position. I can see them picking up a first teamer and one for the development side of things. 

As fans, let's be honest we know fuck all. 

The club is water tight and journalists are often wrong.

We don't know who we've bid for.

We don't know how much.

We don't know who's rejected us (club or player).

We aren't part of agent discussions.

We don't know how limited we are by FFP.

We don't know specific numbers.

The only thing I know, is that I'm confident that this board will do everything they can to progress. They've earned that trust. 

That will do me. If we get someone else in, great. If not, we'll be active in windows to come. 

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

We don't know how much.

The only thing I know, is that I'm confident that this board will do everything they can to progress. They've earned that trust. 

That will do me. If we get someone else in, great. If not, we'll be active in windows to come. 

This! 

46 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’d say Gordon and Gallagher have about the same pedigree TBH. Gallagher has that one good loan spell at Palace but still a lot to prove. 

He was excellent at WBA also, didnt have the goals as he wasn't used in the same way Palace used him, but he was the diamond in the turd at WBA.

Edited by mighty__mag
Spelling

Yeah I’m not worried, club is in very good hands and they know what they’re doing. 

Will keep a tentative eye on any news today but not expecting any incomings other than Ashby being announced. 

Any outgoings linked? Fraser at a push?

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

We don't know how much.

Don’t see too many on here that would disagree with this to be honest. 

Not saying this in reply to you. However sometimes it feels like some on here try to defend something at times, when there isn’t really anything to defend against to begin with. Regarding what the club or Howe doesn’t or does do. Not too many but every now and then I see some go into “defence” mode when there isn’t an attack going on.

I don't think it can ever be as simple as "player X has a better pedigree so should cost more" because no two deals are the same. Different contract situations, different player happiness, different selling club, different level of need for that player, just so many variables.

15 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Some are, but I’m hoping you mean mostly on twitter because I haven’t seen many on here “demanding”, if anyone. 

It’s a sensible talking point, and there’s no reason to brush it under the carpet. However being extremely greedy and demanding is wrong. 

Yep (see edit above)

Just now, Ikon said:

Don’t see too many on here that would disagree with this to be honest. 

Not saying this in reply to you. However sometimes it feels like some on here try to defend something at times, when there isn’t really anything to defend against to begin with. Regarding what the club or Howe doesn’t or does do. Not too many but every now and then I see some go into “defence” mode when there isn’t an attack going on.

What do you mean by that? [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

We don't know how much.

Great post

Just now, christ said:

We are a Bruno injury away from basically having to rejig the entire team to carry any sort of threat like. Shelvey would’ve been the most obvious like for like replacement.

I think that'd be the case regardless. Even with a midfielder on loan, we aren't going to be bringing in a player near Bruno's quality until the summer.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

The only thing making me think we may not, is the cup tonight, I feel all the focus will be on getting into the final, and not on deadline day deals.

But you just never know.

I doubt Howe is doing any transfer business, but equally I doubt Ashworth is doing much prep for the match tonight. The two things are entirely separate and with separate personnel dealing with them.