Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Iconic of what? Imo, Bruno & Botman are already more iconic than what Silva would be. They will be the back bone of this side for the next 7-8 years if not longer. Silva would be stepping down for the last few years of his career at the top level. Only motivation for joining would be if we offered a bigger salary than Man City are giving him.

It's interesting - the spine for the next 2-3 seasons (until 2025)

Pope

Botman

Bruno

Gordon?

Isak

Along with very solid incumbents in:

Trippier

Schar

Joelinton

ASM

Almiron

Wilson

It appears big-time replacements are due in the following positions in the short term:

LB

CM

AM

I can see them getting a top-class (Isak/Bruno level) LB and CM this summer above all else. Possibly AM too. 

Then a solid CB younger than Schar but older than Botman and a third striker, younger backup for Isak who will become main man. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

If that really is us done, then letting Shelvey go at this stage is seriously playing with fire in terms of targetting top 4 like. I don't think that's an unreasonable review of the situation. 

It’s a gamble without doubt but given he’s contributing nothing this season one they seem to be confident taking.

We are already way ahead of most people’s expectations in terms of what the new owners and management would and could achieve, especially in such a short space of time.  It is fair to say we are exceeding all expectations and because of this, some expectations now seem disproportionate to the realities of where we are still. 

To a certain degree I agree this could be a missed opportunity, especially with the lure of champions league looking possible, if we do not get more players in.

If and it’s a big if, we got to the CL with our current squad, it’s simply not up to the rigours of the premiership, cup and a CL campaign next season.  Nor would we necessarily have the capacity (FFP) to strengthen enough to make that happen, which could be detrimental rather than positive.  A lot will hinge on the commercial deals lined up this summer…

We have made massive strides on so many fronts, so I am pretty relaxed.  We are a professional outfit now – new CEO, DOF, Head of commercial and legal, new management team and a vastly improved backroom team, who all seem very well aligned with each other and the ultimate goals.

If we get there sooner, great.  If it takes another year so be it. It would be a shame to call this a 3/10 window when there is so much more to it than that.

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

So it looks like we are done then? Taking in to account we have a game tonight 

Possibly, but I dont see how having a match means the people who do the deals cant be doing that behind the scenes when the match is underway anyway.

Doubt they need Howe to do the actual deal, and would be Ashworth and Eales at the 'business end' anyway.

Just now, The Prophet said:

While I agree, I wouldn't read into the lack of speculation.

I’d usually agree but it’s deadline day, any deal would have to be pretty advance and the press will usually get hold of it at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

We are already way ahead of most people’s expectations in terms of what the new owners and management would and could achieve, especially in such a short space of time.  It is fair to say we are exceeding all expectations and because of this, some expectations now seem disproportionate to the realities of where we are still. 

To a certain degree I agree this could be a missed opportunity, especially with the lure of champions league looking possible, if we do not get more players in.

If and it’s a big if, we got to the CL with our current squad, it’s simply not up to the rigours of the premiership, cup and a CL campaign next season.  Nor would we necessarily have the capacity (FFP) to strengthen enough to make that happen, which could be detrimental rather than positive.  A lot will hinge on the commercial deals lined up this summer…

We have made massive strides on so many fronts, so I am pretty relaxed.  We are a professional outfit now – new CEO, DOF, Head of commercial and legal, new management team and a vastly improved backroom team, who all seem very well aligned with each other and the ultimate goals.

If we get there sooner, great.  If it takes another year so be it. It would be a shame to call this a 3/10 window when there is so much more to it than that.

I think this is exactly the view the club is taking. Slow and steady and considered. 

Edited by LV

What could have been interesting is going back in for Hugo Ekitike, just on loan with no buy option, to cover for Wood's departure until the end of the season. 

That guy owes us, third time lucky and he'll still probably get more time here than he would at PSG

Don't think it's too much of an issue if Shelvey isn't replaced. We have Bruno, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, and Anderson all vying for CM spots, and Gordon can play there too (AM or number 10) if needed.

Out wide we have ASM, Almiron, Gordon, Murphy and Fraser vying for spots, and Isak at a push.

Up front, Wilson and Isak, with Gordon or Joelinton as 3rd choice.

Don't think the squads too bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a really top quality CM to come in, but I think that's one for the summer.

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

What could have been interesting is going back in for Hugo Ekitike, just on loan with no buy option, to cover for Wood's departure until the end of the season. 

That guy owes us, third time lucky and he'll still probably get more time here than he would at PSG

Our bench might be a tough sell.

Just now, kingxlnc said:

Isn't he playing quite regularly for PSG lately?

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

The days of us developing talent for others is gone thankfully. 

I'm not to arsed if we dont get that CM. Because I'd hope that the signing of Gordon and ASM getting much fitter and Sharper, Isak showing he can float about the entire front three, that this spells the end of Joelinton out wide, and we see him back with Bruno in the centre demolishing teams.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Don't think it's too much of an issue if Shelvey isn't replaced. We have Bruno, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, and Anderson all vying for CM spots, and Gordon can play there too (AM or number 10) if needed.

Out wide we have ASM, Almiron, Gordon, Murphy and Fraser vying for spots, and Isak at a push.

Up front, Wilson and Isak, with Gordon or Joelinton as 3rd choice.

Don't think the squads too bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a really top quality CM to come in, but I think that's one for the summer.

Agree, I want a midfielder in but they'll obviously only do it for the right person. 

Maybe they were slightly surprised that Forest wanted Shelvey, TBF.