Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Because another 6 clubs, all with better starting points and backing from the footballing God's will want to stop us. 

See what happened when Leicester challenged the elite. The ESL was born. 

Of course they will. But to suggest we won’t be challenging for the CL over the next 3/4 years is mental.

This isn’t Pardew’s 5th place season - we aren’t going anywhere and this is a long term thing. 

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

It was never their plan to spend much money this month as they want to ensure their summer transfer kitty is as large as possible under Financial Fair Play Rules.

Lets take a moment to recognize how far we have come in a short space. An initial outlay of £43m is now considered 'not much money'. 

Edited by sushimonster85

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Chelsea won't be playing him much anymore anyway, the player wants to leave, but they are forcing him to stay. Such shite man. 

Fucking hate Chelsea. Vile club. 

Had nearly 20years of lotto wins. Had a brief sabatical and won the c**t again

We're in a weird spot. I agree that it's risky not to replace Shelvey but I'd argue that it's equally risky to replace him just for the sake of doing it. If we can get one of our targets now, then we need to go ahead and do it, even if it was originally to be a summer move. Otherwise, given what should be a lighter fixture load for the last few months, it's not crazy to think we can handle it with our squad as is. We're not at Shefki Kuqi levels here.

I do enjoy the idea of Chelsea (and the rest of the 'big' clubs that aren't City) shitting bricks about us. Makes sense, any time in the past where someone has either threatened (West Ham) or actually (Leicester) broken into the traditional top 6, they've never have the resources to fully back it up in following seasons. Now they know that the top 6 is going to be a case of musical chairs going forward and no one wants to be the one left without a chair when the music stops. 

Think my order of wanting clubs to miss out on Top 4 / finish lowest is:

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

Man U

Normally Man U would be near the top but Chelsea are vile, Spurs would be the spawniest fucks ever and Liverpool are so awful that I’m not remotely worried about them getting there. I’ve basically accepted Man U are finishing top 4 at this point