Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Hypothetically speaking - if we're negotiating with Leicester, what would people think about a cheeky loan bid for Ayoze as the RW/ST cover we need?

I'd rather us buy a winger to play as a winger.

We need someone out there who can beat a man and put in a cross.

7 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Hypothetically speaking - if we're negotiating with Leicester, what would people think about a cheeky loan bid for Ayoze as the RW/ST cover we need?

Nah, not for me.

Perez, if he hadn't left, would have been the ideal kind of player in a transition from the Ashley era to being a flexible squad player going forward and providing continuity within the club. One of few who wouldn't have needed jettisoning over coming seasons. He would have probably, in this alternate universe, ended up being one of our record appearance makers. 

However he went and you shouldn't go back. We need to be signing clear upgrades which he isn't.

I don't really understand what they've done with Perez at Leicester. I thought it was the perfect transfer for him at the time but he's played less than a third of their games as an actual striker/number 10, when that was always very clearly his position. I know he did do but I can hardly remember a game where he played on the wing for us. 

Loved him when he was here but I wouldn't be interested in him now. He was never a world beater back then and appears to have regressed/lost his identity. 

It’s an odd one, I think if Perez was with us now under Howe we’d be seeing him in the best form of his life. I was always a massive fan but he’s 29 and like you say, has gone backwards since leaving us. I still think he’d be good for us but he’s not going to push us on to being a top 6 club in the next three years 

6 hours ago, alexf said:

Remember seeing Cornet early on last season and thinking he looked a really good player. Seemed to fade as the season went on but that could be down to being surrounded by the shit he was playing with at Burnley. 

Think he would be a really good squad addition and covers alot of positions. 

Thought he was their best/most dangerous looking player against us tbf. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I don't really understand what they've done with Perez at Leicester. I thought it was the perfect transfer for him at the time but he's played less than a third of their games as an actual striker/number 10, when that was always very clearly his position. I know he did do but I can hardly remember a game where he played on the wing for us. 

Loved him when he was here but I wouldn't be interested in him now. He was never a world beater back then and appears to have regressed/lost his identity. 

The likes of Daka and Iheanacho have also seemingly regressed due their lack of playing time.

Iheanacho, who’s still only 25, as a teenager with City, looked like he had everything. What he didn’t have was game time and, hard to capture what I mean, but that sense of being relied upon. Knowing it is all on your shoulders when it comes to goal scoring and forward threat. Personally, I think it shouldn’t be underestimated how that sense of responsibility can bring the best out of the right kind of player/personality. (Probably doesn’t help that they are all set for life after their first big transfer). 

10 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Agreed. I think we overrated the shit out of him because he was a rare spark of joy in an otherwise miserable era. 

I honestly remember him being so frustrating and never rated him apart from that purple patch when he was playing in the 3 up top with Rondon and Miggy under Rafa. 

He was alright and the difference between us going down and staying up at one point. He is not a winger though, I am not sure he really plays in a position that gets much use in the premier league, a second striker more than a no 10, unable to lead the line himself but needs to be close to goal and not a massive provider either.

14 minutes ago, christ said:

I reckon there’s something up with Cornet. Seems odd teams are so reluctant to pay his release clause.

Isn't it because you have to pay the full whack in one go to activate the release clause? Might be a problem for teams trying to budget for FFP.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Isn't it because you have to pay the full whack in one go to activate the release clause? Might be a problem for teams trying to budget for FFP.

I don’t think so. We’re paying for Wood in instalments.

1 minute ago, christ said:

I don’t think so. We’re paying for Wood in instalments.

We might have come to an agreement with Burnley on that, pretty sure we're trying to do the same thing with Cornet.