Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

You wouldn't pick Gallagher ahead of Longstaff? Or Willock?

Not Willock. Longstaff probably but the difference for the outlay in fee and wages doesn’t make it worth it.

24 minutes ago, Manxst said:

And then FFP came in and meant that clubs couldn’t just buy for inflated prices and sell for losses like Man City did. Clubs now have to be very precise and less scattergun so as to comply with the financial regulations. 

That's true to an extent but if you sign someone like Gordon on a 5-year deal, let's say £40m fee, if he has two decent seasons and you can find a buyer for £25m then you're still making a FFP profit (not including wages obviously) 

The key with FFP is just to not sign complete duds that you can't give away a few years down the line. 

Even a couple of those examples (Nastasic & Sinclair) I don't think even made a loss from a FFP perspective although I haven't actually sat at worked it out exactly. 

Feels like time is starting to run out a bit. I'm not saying we "have to" do anything in a given window but to leave it weaker than we started by losing Wood would be absolutely criminal given the position we're in tbh.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Feels like time is starting to run out a bit. I'm not saying we "have to" do anything in a given window but to leave it weaker than we started by losing Wood would be absolutely criminal given the position we're in tbh.

Definitely. That said I think we are still as a new ownership setting the stall out that we won't be taken for a ride by other clubs. This window again dictates how clubs see us and deal with us in the market going forward. I think they are quite prepared to present take it or leave it offers and wait until the windows end rather than be taken for a ride or be viewed as easy to hike prices up for. We want the best value we can get. Even if it ends up being fall back loans I think we will bring 1 or 2 in. I think the club is absolutely prepared to play the long game to get the club running on sound footing. It would seem counterintuitive on that front to let us slip from top 4 if we have a serious chance to get it and the benefits of CL that come with it. 

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

According to some on here, we'd have to buy someone better than Schär or Botman then, because you don't buy players to be on the bench.

I'd take someone better than Lascelles 

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

According to some on here, we'd have to buy someone better than Schär or Botman then, because you don't buy players to be on the bench.

I'm not sure why that's such a ludicrous thing to suggest. Ideally you'd want a younger player who'll go on to replace Schar. 

Brazilian press reporting we've had a third bid rejected for Franca.  Our last offer was allegedly 18 million Euros with no sell-on clause. They want 20 million Euros plus a 50% sell-on clause. If correct, that feels like it could get done. 

59 minutes ago, Rich said:

Gallagher's better than Sleepy Joe, like.

Agree to disagree. For a fair comparison also I’d love to see JW get some game time in advance central midfield. Miss his late bursts into the box. Feel like he’s a bit hamstrung playing so wide despite it obviously working for the team.

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Of all the Chelsea rejects, Pulisic would make the most sense. I don’t see where Gallagher would play?

Being out for ~2 months apparently means Chelsea aren’t interested in moving him until the summer.

Since Ashley sold us and we now at least try, the thing that makes me most happy apart from Eddie Howe, committed players, professional staff behind the scenes and a united fan base, is the fact that professional fucking wind up merchant Luke Edwards knows nowt about what's going on and is left to feed on scraps like a worm Bruce left in a dump at the training ground.

Sorry to put everyone off their teas but I just needed to get that off my chest. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Not Willock. Longstaff probably but the difference for the outlay in fee and wages doesn’t make it worth it.

Gallagher scored 8 league goals last season for Palace, and they didn't play the most progressive style of football.

He'd add goals to the team. Along with all the energy, work rate, intensity etc that we already know comes with him.

Just now, KaKa said:

Gallagher scored 8 league goals last season for Palace, and they didn't play the most progressive style of football.

He'd add goals to the team. Along with all the energy, work rate, intensity etc that we already know comes with him.

Hasn’t he said time and again that he doesn’t want to move north?