Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I wonder how small a pool we are looking at? Obvious names would be Cornet, Maddison and Harrison. Maybe the likes of Sarr and Dennis ?

Well it must be a pretty small pool by default I guess, seems every player we really want is also being targeted by CL clubs.

28 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Fishing in the right pool then. Just need better bait. 

If we can get the Maddison deal done, then we only need a striker and we will be able to put out a pretty formidable team.

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, TRon said:

If we can get the Maddison deal done, then we only need a striker and we will be able to put out a pretty formidable team.

I think regarding a striker, we want to go with Wilson as our first choice. It’s then trying to find an understudy who is willing to come and wait for a chance. We don’t want to be bringing in some big expensive striker this summer to sit on the bench. Think we are trying to play it right (i.e. Ekitike). Someone younger who can be eased in but also make an impact when needed.

Edited by reefatoon

Am I the only one very suprised to not have seen any incomming offensive players before this weekend and the start of the season? Always thought it was the first on the list after last season ended. 

28 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I think regarding a striker, we want to go with Wilson as our first choice. It’s then trying to find an understudy who is willing to come and wait for a chance. We don’t want to be bringing in some big expensive striker this summer to sit on the bench. Think we are trying to play it right (i.e. Ekitike). Someone younger who can be eased in but also make an impact when needed.

My understanding of the situation was that we were looking for a RW who can also play up top.

When Wilson inevitably gets injured the RW can go up front and Almiron/Fraser can fill in at RW.

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Yes. Its like the concept that the smarter you get the smaller your social circle. The any old riff-raff for no apparent reason (Saviet, Colback, Hendrik) era is over.

Particularly like the word "targets"

Yeah, i suspect the 'small group of targets' comment is less 'we've identified these specific players and they're the only ones we're prepared to sign' and more 'we have specific criteria for new signings and there are a limited number of players that fit those criteria'. It might even be specific criteria per position, who knows?! e.g striker under 20, playing in Europe who speaks English and doesn't demand first team football straightaway. Or right footed winger with XG of ? 

40 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Yeah I think that's our thinking and it makes sense.

19 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Am I the only one very suprised to not have seen any incomming offensive players before this weekend and the start of the season? Always thought it was the first on the list after last season ended. 

Disappointed rather than surprised. Guess they hoped (hope?)Maddison would be signed, albeit not in time to play.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah I think that's our thinking and it makes sense.

So that sort of rules out Sesko, I mean, why would you spend double the transfer fee on an understudy to your main man?

If you spend big on someone they have to play, unless it’s like Bruno being eased into things over a month or so.

21 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Had Ekitike signed then it pretty much would have been. I think we’ve found it quite difficult with everyone else as we seem quite strict with rigid valuations 

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

So that sort of rules out Sesko, I mean, why would you spend double the transfer fee on an understudy to your main man?

If you spend big on someone they have to play, unless it’s like Bruno being eased into things over a month or so.

Ekitike would have cost £30m to be Wilson’s understudy. I think they ideally want a striker that can play across the 3 so both can be on the pitch at times 

Our defence needed sorting, as we'd just be shipping goals left and right otherwise. Midfield and attack we seem to just be going for top quality players. May settle for a loan, or cheap option late on but we obviousy still have high priority targets available.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Disappointed rather than surprised. Guess they hoped (hope?)Maddison would be signed, albeit not in time to play.

yea disappointed might be the right Word. Burn Schar would be much better starting players then fraser and wood. 

really like the Botman signing, just my toughts. 

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Sesko looks like the real deal, would be over the moon if we picked him up (disappointed to see him likely off to manure).

Given his agent was in Newcastle, we'll be one of the sides involved. Seems there's a lot of competition now though. 

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think if we could get him we'd be in there tbh, but if Man U want him, he's probably going to choose them.

Just glad to see Chelsea haven’t folded to be honest, was gutted that such a classy club were in trouble when that Saint Roman was rudely bounced out the club and there were worrying reports about their future but it looks like the days of them loaning out fifty players could be here to stay, phew 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Just glad to see Chelsea haven’t folded to be honest, was gutted that such a classy club were in trouble when that Saint Roman was rudely bounced out the club and there were worrying reports about their future but it looks like the days of them loaning out fifty players could be here to stay, phew 

They got £1.5bn Russkie money still burning a hole in their pocket. Let the good times roll.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd hazard a guess that we're the other club. Doesn't look like we're in with a shout, but if Chelsea get him I guess it could make Broja a possibility again. 

This cunt seems to be meeting everyone