Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

16 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Are we actually on the cusp of getting Maddison & Werner? (genuine question) 

If being interested is St James' Park and them signing is Wembley, we are at Washington services.

13 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Are we actually on the cusp of getting Maddison & Werner? (genuine question) 

Latest reports I have seen are that Leipzig seem to have the edge as Chelsea want one of their players and will use Werner as bait. 

Depends whether you believe the "desperate to stay and prove himseld in the PL" rumours over the going back to where he was tearing it up and playing CL football in a WC season. I'd think they have the edge and if the mirror reports were true we wouldn't have heard about it unless it was almost done. 

10 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

So we're a few hours away from it being done? 

Engine dropped on the A1, currently at Gregg's before trying to hitch a ride back to St James.

Edited by Awaymag

I think we’ll properly go in for the players we really want. Perhaps an enquiry was made about Werner but the response may just have been “sorry, he’s off somewhere else”

Assuming we can land Maddison, that gives us different options, he can play right side of a midfield 3 but he can also play that typical no.10 role if we went 4-2-3-1.

Systems obviously matter, or at least being able to react to someone else’s by being able to change, but personnel will always be the most important thing.

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t land Werner as I think Howe would be great for him but I’m sure we’ll have other targets lined up 

I think we will go for Dennis as he covers both positions