Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I said this earlier. He’s almost 30 but £30m we could get maybe 3 top years from him. He could help us bridge the gap to the next level up.  Zaha on the left. ASM on the right. Teams can’t defend either wing 1v1.  

High wages, poor resale value yada yada as reasons not too I guess. 

13 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He's on a hefty wedge at Palace isn't he?

Aye. 

also - I’m not sure he’ll even be interested. He doesn’t have 3 years to see how this project will unfold. And we won’t pay him much more than he’s on at the moment. 

If I were him - unless an actual top 6 side came in for me (or European level abroad) I would stay at Palace. If he’s available for free next season that gives him the greatest opportunity to play for an elite side and get an even bigger pay package. 

Not that keen on Zaha to be honest. It seems as though the team has to be built around him for him to thrive, which is why no bigger team than Palace has tried to sign him in the last 8 years.

9 minutes ago, Smal said:

Not that keen on Zaha to be honest. It seems as though the team has to be built around him for him to thrive, which is why no bigger team than Palace has tried to sign him in the last 8 years.

Everton and Arsenal both made serious attempts to buy him in fairness 

Would be surprised if Dennis stayed at Watford. Whether it's us or another Prem team. Think he fits what we need perfectly and would certainly cost less in terms of fee and wages than Maddison or Werner.  

Can play wide forward as well as centrally, seems like a no brainer really.

Just now, Toon No9 said:

Broja on the bench for Chelsea today. No Werner though...🤔

Werner would be great and I suspect he will leave but RB Leipzig seem to be in pole position for him. Certainly confirms he's off though if he's not even in the squad.

16 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Howe (BBC) saying "we've a few weeks left to get the right player that'll make a difference for us"

So if he means 1 player I would be underwhelmed seen as I would like 2 more possibly 3. 

Just now, nufcjmc said:

So if he means 1 player I would be underwhelmed seen as I would like 2 more possibly 3. 

That was my 1st thought too but perhaps he's indicating he wants one who's straight into the 1st team and perhaps, we can hope, another couple to be squad members. Perhaps one bought and a couple of loans? Anyway who knows, we just have to wait.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Wouldn't suprise me if we bought one and then used the loan market again.

Read a piece quoting Howe as saying loan market is fine but needs to be committed to the team and not someone who is hanging around for a short period. Loan with an option to buy would kick the cost down the road but get more quality bodies in hopefully. 

1 player in and if we aren't going to be relegation fodder worries me as Amanda said they didn't like the winter window but needs must last time so in theory this recruitment now lasts till summer. 

Reet, anyone who has been sounded out and sitting on the fence still this is your last call!

Get on the NUFC bus now or Eddie Howes closing the door and fucking off. Can turn my attention back to transfers now the games over.

Hopefully (I'm sure they already know) we go hard now for some better attacking options.

Get that right and I'm honestly canny scared for what might happen.