Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Assuming we don’t have any more long term injuries I think we’ll be fine with Joelinton, Bruno, Willock and Longstaff and Anderson as cover. I can’t see us going for anyone else on the back of that. 

I was wondering whether it’ll have a knock on effect for Shelvey though? He only has to play a couple more games for an automatic new contract. I wonder if the club will try and offload him in January given his high wages and that he’s coming to the end of his career. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I was wondering whether it’ll have a knock on effect for Shelvey though? He only has to play a couple more games for an automatic new contract. I wonder if the club will try and offload him in January given his high wages and that he’s coming to the end of his career. 

That’d be harsh as fuck tbf. Literally insult to injury.

Howe would give him a new contract anyway imo. He'll still have a couple of year in him.

I think it's clear the players who will get replaced and those who will just be upgraded over time. Shelvey is the latter imo. We can spend our money in other places 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Will Shelvey even keep his place in the 25-man squad if he's going to be out until the World Cup?

Obviously if there's nobody to fill the space then he will but they might just leave him out then add him back on in January depending on how the squad shapes out.

Still holding out hope for a pretty big name deal on the last day of the window ala Bruno. 

We deffo need another striker, if Forest can park the bus pretty effectively then we don’t have a chance when a much better team decide to do it.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t see it happening, doesn’t fit the profile we are looking at.

I started to think that profile might change, if we can't get long term improvements we might end up going for somebody who just improves us for this season. But I'm not sure.

Obviously a transfer would excite the fans, but I think I'd rather go with what we have, than sign some temp who isn't invested, or knows they're not staying. That said, if we can get any loans with a similar attitude to Targett, I'd snap your hands off.

15 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Still holding out hope for a pretty big name deal on the last day of the window ala Bruno. 

We deffo need another striker, if Forest can park the bus pretty effectively then we don’t have a chance when a much better team decide to do it.

I agree with Benny Blanco from The Bronx.

25 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Much better teams won't do that, though*. I do agree, however, that we need to be more incisive in the opposition box. Most of our goals, since Howe took control, have either been crackers, or a little bit fortuitous. I don't think we can improve much on Wilson, and it's more a case of needing extra bodies in the box [I expected more from Willock, tbh] or somebody who can crack one in from outside the box, like Maddison.

* Obviously the top teams can do that, if we go a goal behind, and they might destroy us as we go in search of the equaliser, but I'm not worried about the top 6 this season.

Edited by Happinesstan

Just now, The Prophet said:

A couple of shit sources reporting this, but we're desperate for a rumour.

The fact i's come out of nowhere, and they say it will happen in the next few hours [very little mileage if it's untrue], means I want it to happen. But I haven't a clue about him.

19 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I started to think that profile might change, if we can't get long term improvements we might end up going for somebody who just improves us for this season. But I'm not sure.

Obviously a transfer would excite the fans, but I think I'd rather go with what we have, than sign some temp who isn't invested, or knows they're not staying. That said, if we can get any loans with a similar attitude to Targett, I'd snap your hands off.

That’s why I’d maybe just start looking at a couple of loan deals, even if it’s without and option to buy. Get some quality in but save the big money for another time.

40 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Assuming we don’t have any more long term injuries I think we’ll be fine with Joelinton, Bruno, Willock and Longstaff and Anderson as cover. I can’t see us going for anyone else on the back of that. 

I would. Think it’s a blessing in disguise longer term.

De Tomas doesn’t seem intuitively a Howe signing. He doesn’t do the high press, which is his worst trait. He’d be good for a counter attacking side with no clue how to use their forward……so…..Everton then[emoji38]