Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm surprised it's taken journalists this long tbh, we've been frothing for click bait for at least 10 days like. 

Maddison has gone dry, Monday they had plenty of clicks from actual football.

Its all part of the formula, we bid, it’s rejected as it’s £23m or something miles off but reported at £32m. Few days later we’re back in with £32m but it’s reported  £42m, rejected and so on until he’s past our valuation.

Earlier in the summer I spent several work days researching Paqueta, his family (he has a relative that has spent ~10 years managing several clubs in Saudi Arabia), his agent (dodgy fella carries himself around like a pimp, Lucas is by far his biggest client this days), Lyon's fans opinions, Aulas' bullshit, the landscape of the fucking Paqueta island (where he comes from). I was sure we're in for him and that we're waiting to make our move closer to the deadline because Lyon have to sell...  I've calmed down a bit now. If there were any clues on the internet that we're in for him, I would've found them, so I guess we ain't :(

22 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Lyon supporting mate says they’d only consider selling for over 70 million. The board really really rate him, apparently. We’ll see.

And City will pay that.

I can see him going to City of they sell Bernardo Silva but it won't be for anywhere near 70m.... he's not English FFS.:lol:

If they rate him higher than Bruno, then 45/50m max IMO.

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Would be a massive massive failure unless we get 2 players in at least. I bet some would still talk it away if it happens. 

I still think we'll get at least one more through the door, but I'm no longer banking on it. Unless we are prepared to pay really high prices for the top tier footballers we are looking to land. We obviously don't want the likes of Dennis or Sarr.

As for Paqueta, feels like this could have been done if we'd gone in a bit earlier when there was all the talk of him joining Bruno, I mean he even travelled here to watch a match didn't he? Seems like there's other clubs sniffing around now, and if it's the likes of City, he's not going to turn down the sort of wages they'll throw at him.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I still think we'll get at least one more through the door, but I'm no longer banking on it. Unless we are prepared to pay really high prices for the top tier footballers we are looking to land. We obviously don't want the likes of Dennis or Sarr.

We won't go without.

It's easy rhetoric with 3 weeks left to say "we only want players who will make a difference!" but you know what would make a difference?...having someone like Dennis as back up to Wilson.

We are trying our upmost to maintain a high standard in the market, this is because we don't want to be lumped with an expensive player on a long contract who isn't any better than Almiron or Fraser or Wood.

Towards the back end of the window, we will look for more pragmatic solutions. Burn and Targett were pragmatic solutions in January and they worked out.

Right now we are holding our nerve and resisting the temptation to spend our money on Cornet etc.

Not buying Cornet, who was cheaper than Ekitike, said to me that we're aiming higher. 

Cornet was actually good value and made sense as a backup, but we're not looking for a backup. Not with the large number of "not quites" already in our squad.

In terms of competition for Paqueta, I think he chooses us over West Ham for the Bruno factor plus high wages and ambition etc. If city want him though they get him unfortunately. Everything in place, legendary manager and again, astronomical wages.

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

In terms of competition for Paqueta, I think he chooses us over West Ham for the Bruno factor plus high wages and ambition etc. If city want him though they get him unfortunately. Everything in place, legendary manager and again, astronomical wages.

I worry that if they are willing to do business at around £33m it won't be just us and West Ham in for him. Frankly at that price it would be a bit of a red flag if there weren't multiple teams in for him. 

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I worry that if they are willing to do business at around £33m it won't be just us and West Ham in for him. Frankly at that price it would be a bit of a red flag if there weren't multiple teams in for him. 

West Ham could offer him guaranteed first team football but they're West Ham FFS!

He'd likely be a rotation player at City but would get a better salary

Here, he'd be part of an exciting revolution, he'd get to play alongside his best mate, play in a city he already seems to like and be adored like nowhere else. I'm not so sure he'd pick City over us

Edited by Holmesy

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

West Ham could offer him guaranteed first team football but they're West Ham FFS!

He'd likely be a rotation player at City and would get a better salary

Here, he'd be part of an exciting revolution, he'd get to play along his best mate, play in a city he already seems to like and be adored like nowhere else. I'm not so sure he'd pick City over us

I'd like to think footballers are slightly more romantic and "vibes" based than they get credit for. I mean just look at your profile picture, who would not love that. 

12 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Us in our away strip next season, just watch it:

Watching that Brazil team at World Cup ‘82 is my first football memory. They were amazing. 

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

He'd likely be a rotation player at City and would get a better salary

Here, he'd be part of an exciting revolution, he'd get to play along his best mate, play in a city he already seems to like and be adored like nowhere else. I'm not so sure he'd pick City over us

even if it then didn’t work out it would be a hell of a statement to have someone choose is over city 

Recreating this at Woolsington.

Bruno dinking the ball over the heads of cardigan-clad Doris and Maureen howking 500 tabs through duty-free en-route to Alicante while Paqueta dribbles around the dreadlocked Tarquin and Clemency who are transiting in Dubai en-route to "finding themselves" in Bali.

The scene ends as Joelinton smashes the ball at a small kid, knocking the steak bake from his hand.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I really don't see him chosing us over City.

I don't think playing with Bruno + more minutes in the PL is going to trump challenging for titles and guaranteed Champions League football.

If City move for him of course.