Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

City might have had a stronger shout if they still had Jesus and Fernandinho. I've read about Fernandinho being the older brother or daddy figure of the Brazilians in the PL, with the Liverpool players and Fred at Man U going to hang out with him.  Brazil have a really strong team now, and if Paqueta does move, he's going to have to settle in fast and keep on performing because competition for places is fierce. fwiw, Bernardo Silva is just about the most mobile player in the entire league, so "just cover the same ground as him" could well be a poisoned chalice.

35 minutes ago, STM said:

We won't go without.

It's easy rhetoric with 3 weeks left to say "we only want players who will make a difference!" but you know what would make a difference?...having someone like Dennis as back up to Wilson.

We are trying our upmost to maintain a high standard in the market, this is because we don't want to be lumped with an expensive player on a long contract who isn't any better than Almiron or Fraser or Wood.

Towards the back end of the window, we will look for more pragmatic solutions. Burn and Targett were pragmatic solutions in January and they worked out.

Right now we are holding our nerve and resisting the temptation to spend our money on Cornet etc.

You could be right tbf mate, I'm just Howe at face value, and he did intimate we were choosing from a very select group of targets. I'm also wondering whether the club's thinking is, we could spend money on lesser players who have done well last season, but would they be better than Almiron, Fraser and Willock? When it comes to someone like Maddison, the gulf is clear, but some of the other names we've been linked with, maybe the club aren't convinced.

38 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I really don't see him chosing us over City.

I don't think playing with Bruno + more minutes in the PL is going to trump challenging for titles and guaranteed Champions League football.

Zero chance of him choosing us over city if that choice was ever presented to him 

7 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

https://football-italia.net/juventus-focus-on-depay-as-newcastle-close-on-muriel/

Not seen much about us and Muriel lately and don't really trust Italian media, but what would we think of this?

Italian media and portugese are all horrible. Ojogo and tutto..i dont know who these outlets are even alive. Who is working there really? 

53 minutes ago, LV said:

Watching that Brazil team at World Cup ‘82 is my first football memory. They were amazing. 

Ally's army in '78 was my first World Cup and I had Forest and Villa win the European cup in between, but that Brazil team were the first to take my breath away. Socrates, man. the 2-3 vs Italy still one of the best games I've watched.

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

Hmmm. Just went against my own policy and had a look at a video of Bamba Dieng. I like what I saw so I am a little bit intruiged.

I like the Paqueta link, but Dieng looks like Andre Ayew or something. Just not really good at one thing. Lacks something all over

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Funniest thing about the fans wanting Paqueta is when talking about him they can’t pronounce his name correctly 🙂

Go on..

Edit: Is it ‘Packweta’ or is it ‘Packeta’? 

Edited by LV