Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

The Athletic has said that the young Danish striker, and true Haaland regen, who even has a similar surname - Rasmus Hojlund has been discussed and is on our list of young strikers.

The eerie thing about this guy is not just the similar last name, but he is also 6 ft 4, and is also left footed ... his play style also looks quite similar. He's very early into his career and so would probably be our best chance to get him, and not be too late like we were with Sesko. The question would be how effective he would be as a back up striker with so little experience. From the clips below his raw talent looks undeniable though!

Reports that Pulisic is kicking up a fuss at Chelsea and Tuchel doesn't fully trust him.

The Athletic has also said Newcastle would look into a move for him if he's made available.

I can't think of anyone that would fit that wide forward role on the right better than Pulisic. Great age, Prem experience, pace, good finishing, dribbling ... I would be looking to test Chelsea with a bid for him right away.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The Athletic has said that the young Danish striker, and true Haaland regen, who even has a similar surname - Rasmus Hojlund has been discussed and is on our list of young strikers.

The eerie thing about this guy is not just the similar last name, but he is also 6 ft 4, and is also left footed ... his play style also looks quite similar. He's very early into his career and so would probably be our best chance to get him, and not be too late like we were with Sesko. The question would be how effective he would be as a back up striker with so little experience. From the clips below his raw talent looks undeniable though!

Very impressive. Yes please.

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

As a Dane I saw him a lot for FC Copenhagen where he never impressed, which is also why they sold him to Sturm Graz in January. However, from the highlights I've seen from their games it seems that he has taken some giant steps forward and made a few Haaland-esque goals.

Edited by mosstef

52 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Skjelbred apparently is in the whitley bay travelodge.  Can't reveal my source tho

Moved into the suite recently vacated by Dirk Kuyt after we finally stopped running the rule over him

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The Athletic has also said Newcastle would look into a move for him if he's made available.

That would be amazing, where did they say that? Only thing I have seen in regards to Pulisic to NUFC is him being included in the TIFO sensible transfers video, which was a suggestion on their part based on data, rather than any source based link. 

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Reports that Pulisic is kicking up a fuss at Chelsea and Tuchel doesn't fully trust him.

I can't think of anyone that would fit that wide forward role on the right better than Pulisic. Great age, Prem experience, pace, good finishing, dribbling ... I would be looking to test Chelsea with a bid for him right away.

Would be amazing just for all the new American posters we'd get :lol:

7 minutes ago, mosstef said:

As a Dane I saw him a lot for FC Copenhagen where he never impressed, which is also why they sold him to Sturm Graz in January. However, from the highlights I've seen from their games it seems that he has taken some giant steps forwards and made a few Haaland-esque goals.

Ah, that's interesting. From his clips his raw talent looks very impressive. As far as his size, speed and coordination at just 19 years old. Seems to finish with conviction too.

He looks incredibly intriguing I must admit, and I can't imagine Sturm Graz would be asking for any kind of crazy fee. It's an interesting link. We'll see how it all plays out.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Would be amazing just for all the new American posters we'd get :lol:

Be really cool for the residents already here too I imagine :lol:

Pulisic on the end of those through balls Bruno was feeding to Almiron would be lethal.

I'm not sure how we would fit Pulisic, Paqueta and Hojlund into our current squad, we might have to get rid of young Matty or Ritchie or Fraser or Murphy.

Tuff times for Eddie,

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I would rip my cock off if we signed Chrissy.

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

That would be amazing, where did they say that? Only thing I have seen in regards to Pulisic to NUFC is him being included in the TIFO sensible transfers video, which was a suggestion on their part based on data, rather than any source based link. 

There's a new article up on The Athletic where they're taking questions on Newcastle and someone's asked about Pulisic, and they say if he's available it's a move that would be looked at. Apparently we've looked at a bunch of Chelsea players to varying degrees. With Pulisic it seems availability would be the issue.

However, there's now news this morning that he's unsettled at Chelsea, and Tuchel doesn't fully trust him. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Our athletic writers seem to be the only ones who don’t get exclusive transfer news, or many exclusives at all tbh. Every other club on twitter when you see breaking transfer news it comes from their representative who writes for the athletic, for whatever reason ours seem massively out of the loop.

There is the loose link to Hojlund, the Chelsea loans and Paqueta being described by agents as a "live situation" but its all very vague. I don't mind Waugh as a journo (awful podcaster mind), but he seems to be last on pretty much everything when it comes to breaking news.

Guest HTT II

@KaKaloving your posts and insight on random players I’ve never heard of or seen, you are sending me and no doubt others down the rabbit hole of YouTube though ha ha, keep ‘em coming.

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is the sort of prospects we should be targeting. If he continues his progression he'll be unattainable next season.

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Say it's true, how do you know it isn't standard practice? 

Exactly, it will be something like this: we contact Chelsea to see if Gallagher is available, they say no and we say can you let us know if the situation changes. Nothing amateur at all

25 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Seems kinda like we Are amateurs?

This stuff is probably done all the time by recruiting directors/managers. Just because it's being reported now doesn't mean it's a new tactic. How do we know this isn't how Ashworth signed Cucarella from Spain?

Edited by Holmesy

29 minutes ago, HTT II said:

@KaKaloving your posts and insight on random players I’ve never heard of or seen, you are sending me and no doubt others down the rabbit hole of YouTube though ha ha, keep ‘em coming.

Swear Kaka used to be a nutjob at one point like. Possibly my favourite footy chat poster nowadays :lol: